Let's Encrypt requires web access to the hidden directory .well-known/acme-challenge to renew SSL certifications. Limesurvey recently added .htaccess rules blocking access to hidden directories, blocking Let's Encrypt access. I temporarily removed the rule.
Drupal had a similar issue and modified the RewriteRule to read:
Code:
RewriteRule "(^|/)\.(?!well-known)"
I am a rewrite newbie, so I have not tried to update the Limesurvey .htaccess rule.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
More and more provider and controlpanels are already applying the exceptions for .well-known on the webserver level. Beside Let's Encrypt there are other ones (e.g. Comodo SSL). Still make sense for LimeSurvey to allow access to subdirectories of .well-known
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.