Hi there,
I already installed limesurvey on my local machine and everything works fine.
Now, I tried to install it on rented webspace. I just got the login data for a new mysql-db and ftp connection. The installation was successfull and I can open mydomain.tld/limesurvey/index.php.
But I can't open mydomain.tld/limesurvey/admin. It redirects me to mydomain.tld/limesurvey/index.php/admin/authentication/sa/login.
It's just a white page (tried different browsers). There is no error message and I can see some html within the sourcecode. I tried to fix it myself and found a possible solution (changed urlFormat to get), but obviously I wasn't successfull.
After removing those lines in /tmp/assets/????/ (found the reference within the html code) I can see the dialog. Strange that this behaviour didn't occur with my local installation.
This is probably a dumb question: Is my installation online broken? Did I miss something?
Hi, thanks for your answer.
I figured out that my web space is running php 3.3.29, the installer recommends at least 3.3.3. I'm trying to get it updated.
Follow up question: I used filezilla with default settings. There were over 8000 files uploaded, and the number in "files successfully completed"-tab matched the total number of files. Is there a setting or something similar that could ensure completeness?
I've just installed the new LS and have the same problem, i.e. blank admin screen after the installation. I used FileZilla with binary transfer mode to transfer files through ftp. PHP 5.3.29-1.
Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by elissa. Reason: PHP version added
Hi,
I upgraded too (now running php 5.5) and deleted all tables. Then I reuploaded a fresh copy and installed limesurvey again with a new table prefix.
I still have an error: When I try to save something, for example something in the global settings, I get this error:
Code:
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
I can hit F5 and the page does respond, but my settings arent saved. I cant set up a survey or questions