Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Integration of a new way of email sending (Serverless only)

• VoxValue
  • VoxValue's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #234148 by VoxValue
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.4.x
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own Server (EC2 instance + lambda functions)
Survey theme/template: none
==================
Hi,
I'm deploying LimeSurvey in Serverless mode, running on lambda functions. It works well, both for the administration and for the interviewees. I face to some minor limitations (e.g. size of upload limited to 1G, etc.), not important to me.
My main concern is about the handling of massive email sending (more than 20 k emails). For now, as my production implementation runs on an EC2 instance, the email sending relies on a relay, implemented with Postfix and acting as a rate limiter (limitation of 16 emails / sec. for AWS SES). This implementation is not runnable into a lambda funtion.
I would complete the current email mechanism by a publishing on a queueing mechanism (SQS / SNS, Kafka, etc.), allowing the function to massively the messages (not the emails at this step), allowing a sending mechanism to be triggered to transform each message into the corresponding email and send the emails at the expected pace.
I can implement a dedicated plugin (as for SMS). But, perhaps, another way could exist.
I would appreciate your feedback / your thoughts / your tomatoes
Thanks in advance
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 4 months ago #235329 by DenisChenu
With manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeEmail plugin event,
You can totally replace and do what you want replacing whole mailer.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose