Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error after copying question: Trying to property 'language' of non-object

• leober
  • leober's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #232592 by leober
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.4.4 (Latest)
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server (All resources are beyond what's needed)
Survey theme/template: Custom

After trying to copy a question from any survey I get this error: "Trying to property 'language' of non-object". I updated to LimeSurvey 5.4.4 and now there is no option available to copy questions.Am I missing something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 6 months ago #232597 by tpartner
I think you'll find Copy under the Tools tab when viewing the question overview.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• leober
More
1 year 6 months ago #232598 by leober
Thanks for replying. I don't see any copy option under the question overview tab.

• tpartner
More
1 year 6 months ago #232601 by tpartner
That looks like a survey overview, not a question overview.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• leober
More
1 year 6 months ago #232602 by leober
Sorry, you are rgiht. I was able to locate the copy function withing the question overview. I get the error after trying to copy a question.

• tpartner
More
1 year 6 months ago #232638 by tpartner
I cannot reproduce the problem. How did you update?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• leober
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #232639 by leober
I updated it manually; I downloaded the latest version and uploaded it to my server.

What's the right way to update? 

If I need to revert to a previous version to be able to update again to the latest, how should I do it?
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by leober.

• tpartner
More
1 year 6 months ago #232641 by tpartner
That is one way to update but if you didn't back up the database and files first, you cannot roll it back.

Maybe back everything up and try re-uploading all files again. I suppose it's possible that there was a file-transfer error.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

• leober
More
1 year 6 months ago #232642 by leober
I did a whole system backup, so I will do that and see if these issues are resolved.

• leober
More
1 year 6 months ago #232644 by leober
I reverted to the previous version. I'm running now version 5.4.3 and I'm still experiencing the same issue when copying a question.

More
1 year 2 months ago #239940 by eabruno
Hello, was this ever resolved for you? I have the same issue, except I am operating on the cloud server. 

I am using Lime Survey online -- Lime Survey Cloud version 5.6.3:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/5?ui=2&ik=4120b14fdf&attid=0.5&permmsgid=msg-a:r-908320249301033258&th=186054120a5acf36&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-tsHGlEm6jDM9-XM8eo9cjsvNpN3RclVkVysT-dPBGcSU2j8ogl5Epx3MmBTVgXVuLopI0_Vyzzx_p47VeJK_bVIP-J4cIjM_0tsoIO2k8BzLsLcflpyV28wo&disp=emb&realattid=ii_ldji9rea4

And I keep getting a 500 language error.

I click "create survey", select the "copy" tab, and then select the survey I'm trying to copy:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/5?ui=2&ik=4120b14fdf&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-a:r-4225706282850686346&th=185fb2cbb0ab2ef3&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-ggNZoktLlymTc0b58WtlHcMnosZvyqOYs_mxIqkcHjF5UrUMNX1hj2t2_EaUanNMFhpQpU2dkTCo704Yw1Re9rIl4qc2WyHeMqmt7Gw6SevyyMzQJUEVcc5Y&disp=emb&realattid=ii_ldgpoue32

It is once I click "copy" that I get the 500 error message:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/5?ui=2&ik=4120b14fdf&attid=0.4&permmsgid=msg-a:r-4225706282850686346&th=185fb2cbb0ab2ef3&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-359UwENSI8TG5pjnIINp2WjM7oljYuruDBzBeUeVI1a5RTjs3yOLovjUwnWhz5aihJ0tqWvbbzJ7rVY9gKMgvwkNIWmiZ_iNo6hyCqnnjZl8zSlsf9ryjDNE&disp=emb&realattid=ii_ldgpq0lt3
I then see a new survey was created each time, but it's empty.

Thanks to anyone out there who has a solution! 

EB

More
1 year 2 months ago #239941 by eabruno
Sorry, didn't realize these images wouldn't work. Here is a non-image version for easier reading:

Hello, was this ever resolved for you? I have the same issue, except I am operating on the cloud server.

I am using Lime Survey online -- Lime Survey Cloud version 5.6.3, and I keep getting a 500 language error.

I click "create survey", select the "copy" tab, and then select the survey I'm trying to copy:

It is once I click "copy" that I get the 500 error message: "Failed to import survey language settings - data is invalid."

I then see a new survey was created each time, but it's empty.

Thanks to anyone out there who has a solution!

EB

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose