Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Looking for a Twig Symfony developer with LimeSurvey experience

• aukevann
  • aukevann's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #232411 by aukevann
Hi,
Some years ago Sam Mousa created an extension for us that uses Twig Symfony script to create a PDF report and send it to the respondent. Sam is no longer interested in supporting this product, is there anybody here that has experience with both Twig and LimeSurvey and is interested in taking over development of this extension?
We currently have a problem with the extension not sending emails anymore and we need some simple code to switch fonts with different languages.

Kind regards,
Auke

Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  Version 3.15.5+181115
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: own developed template
==================
(Write here your question/remark)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #232413 by jelo
Is that extension available to the public? E.g. via GitHub? The issue with no longer sending emails might be an infrastructure issue and not an extension issue?

Using different fonts in PDF files is often a configuration thing and no need for a lot of conding.

The LimeSurvey version used is from 2018? Is the version that customized, that no update is done?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• aukevann
More
1 year 6 months ago #232423 by aukevann
Hi Jelo,

Thanks for your answer.
We have some extensions, I am planning to upgrade to 5.0 within half a year or so.
The LimeSurvey system is configured to use SMTP and that works fine as do other mail application on our system. However, this error occurred while no files have been changed as far as I know, so that seems strange.
I am asking the developer to put it on GitHub, I opened an account there and hope he will deposite the files there soon.
The font switching: for Chinese I need a specific font that contains those letters, but that font does not work well with other languages. So in the PHP file that creates the PDF I need to switch this. I do understand enough PHP to write that code but I don't understand how the script gets the data out of LimeSurvey so I have not been able to write the code for this.

Kind regards,
Auke

More
1 year 6 months ago #232432 by jelo

The LimeSurvey system is configured to use SMTP and that works fine as do other mail application on our system. However, this error occurred while no files have been changed as far as I know, so that seems strange.

Are you using an emailaccount of your company (which is using Microsoft365) or the mailserver, where your LimeSurvey is installed?
Microsoft changed the restricting to use SMTP in various ways. It might be a simple change in the parameters (TLS, auth method).
It will be hard to diagnose that issue from looking at the source code of a plugin. Is that email account also uses in LimeSurvey as a mail account? It is working there?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• aukevann
More
1 year 6 months ago #232433 by aukevann
Thx for this, no we use SMTP on our webserver, not Microsoft. As LimeSurvey is also using this, I think it should go through the same mechanism as the extension seems to use the credentials configured in LS.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 5 months ago #233403 by DenisChenu
What is the licence of the existing plugin ?

Else : near plugin : pdfReport   (with LimeMpdf : it use twig file)
I already done some export via twig file too

Not a lot of time currently, january it's OK ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• aukevann
More
1 year 5 months ago #233424 by aukevann
Hi Denis,

I am waiting for Sam to put this on Github. January can be ok.

Kind regards,
Auke

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose