Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Project / system structure and local development

• RobertMiller
  • RobertMiller's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 4 weeks ago - 2 years 4 weeks ago #226635 by RobertMiller
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: not yet hosted
Survey theme/template: default
==================
hello LS community, i would like some tips / info, on how the system works, its components, dependencies, client side and server side.
sort of a dev guide if available, to get familiar with the software and being able to extend it without the worry to break something, or better, knowing what i will break whit the change i make.

i'm planning on forking the project and extend some of it's functionalities, so tips on local development are welcome (building, testing, debugging...) 
i'm not familiar with PHP development and derivate frameworks, so obvious things to other could not be for me. 
i tried to read the documentation, and the source code itself, but many things looks kinda obscure for someone who want to extend the system and it's just starting out.

i really appreciate your help, i will make other more specific question on related forum topics, see ya around, and happy hacking! 

Last edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by RobertMiller.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 4 weeks ago #226683 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Project / system structure and local development

hello LS community, i would like some tips / info, on how the system works, its components, dependencies, client side and server side.sort of a dev guide if available, to get familiar with the software and being able to extend it without the worry to break something, or better, knowing what i will break whit the change i make.

Nothing exist

i'm planning on forking the project and extend some of it's functionalities, so tips on local development are welcome (building, testing, debugging...) 

Why we help you to fork ?
And best is to start byb create plugins : you have a tutrial here : medium.com/@evently/creating-limesurvey-plugins-adcdf8d7e334 , and a lof of sample : manual.limesurvey.org/Available_third_party_plugins or manual.limesurvey.org/Category:Core_Plugins

i'm not familiar with PHP development and derivate frameworks, so obvious things to other could not be for me.  

?
I don't understand the whole point here …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose