Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Heisenbug? Response not saved when testing survey

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 5 months ago #222399 by Jmantysalo
A user here made a survey having option Set cookie to prevent repeated participation set On. Then he activated it and tested with browser private mode, and it seemed to work. But response was not saved at all.

I tested the same survey, but was not able to repeat the bug. I also made another survey with the same cookie-setting, and that worked too. Web server logs show nothing special, just some GETs and POSTs with response 200 as they should. Any ideas for debugging?
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 5 months ago #222405 by jelo
Are you sure, that the testing of the survey was done with an activated survey? Very often people state that behavior when just filling out in preview mode.

If the survey was activated, was the the survey a onepager?
To debug the issue, you will need to have the exact firefox version and OS.
It's not seldon the case that the firefox advanved protection is causing issues with websites/forms.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 5 months ago #222406 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Heisenbug? Response not saved when testing survey

Are you sure, that the testing of the survey was done with an activated survey?
If the survey was activated, was the the survey a onepager?
To debug the issue, you will need to have the exact firefox version and OS.
It's not seldon the case that the firefox advanved protection is causing issues with websites/forms.
At least the log shows "GET /lime/surveyAdministration/activate?iSurveyID=...", so I guess it was active. It has several pages, 5 I think. Browser string is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36".

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose