Argument 1 must be at least CRYPTO_SIGN_BYTES long

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #216948 by pathros
I am using latest version of Limesurvey 5.0.1.

I created a new survey, which I want it to be anonymous but with a list of participants. I have created tokens and sent them to the participants. However, when they click on the invitation link, they get the following error:

Server error 500: Argument 1 must be at least CRYPTO_SIGN_BYTES long.

Taking a look into the source code, right at the "compat.php" file we have:

const CRYPTO_SIGN_BYTES = 64;
/* Input validation: */
if (ParagonIE_Sodium_Core_Util::strlen($signedMessage) < self::CRYPTO_SIGN_BYTES)
{
   throw new SodiumException('Argument 1 must be at least CRYPTO_SIGN_BYTES long.');
}

In Limesurvey, if I attempt to set a 64 token long, it changes it to 15.
So, I don't get it. What should be longer than 64?

What does that mean??? How can I fix it??? Can anybody shed some light?

I have tried the same thing in Limesurvey version 3 LTS, and everything works flawlessly. However, I want to use the version 5, since it has the ability to encrypt the email addresses.

Moreover, I got this answer from Paragonie:

It sounds like Limesurvey has a bug in their code that uses sodium_compat rather than a sodium_compat bug. github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/1a...SSodium.php#L88-L128 Weirdly, their function claims to be "encryption" but isn't.We recommend talking to the Limesurvey developers. Paragon Initiative Enterprises does not develop or support Limesurvey.

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by pathros.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #216952 by tpartner
Please file a bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #216954 by pathros
How do I report that bug?

In the Limesurvey github repo , the issues tab does not exist :/

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #216958 by holch
bugs.limesurvey.org

Same credentials as in the forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #216980 by DenisChenu
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=17353 :)

Please : send the contact at Paragon Initiative Enterprises to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development . I don't answer to private message.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now