Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Row: Might help people wanting to automate analysis or reporting of LS data

• Indispirit
  • Indispirit's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #216527 by Indispirit
Hi all

In case it's of help to someone, Rows (https://rows*.*com/) appears to allow relatively unsophisticated users (such as myself) to use the LimeSurvey API to automatically extract data for further processing.

Rows is s cloud spreadsheet application specifically designed to interact with different APIs without needing the programming knowledge that might be required if you were to try this in Excel or other places.

I have no affiliation of any kind with Rows, at the moment it's free to use.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Extra info
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 11 months ago #216529 by jelo
I see no integration template or anything else more related to LimeSurvey than with any other online spreadsheet tool. Since you have used it, please post an example how Rows is much easier when it comes to access the LimeSurvey API.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Indispirit
More
2 years 11 months ago #216534 by Indispirit
I'm not sure if you intended it but this response feels pretty hostile!

Feel free to delete the thread if you feel my contribution is some how inimitable to the community and I'll also refrain from posting in the future
More
2 years 11 months ago #216539 by jelo
I want to understand why you suggest Rows for LimeSurvey. Nothing more, nothing less. I thought you have used Rows in combination with LimeSurvey. Since I found no connector for LimeSurvey, I asked for an example. If that feels hostile to you, feel free to advise me how the wording has to change or report my post for moderation.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch
  • Indispirit
More
2 years 11 months ago #216540 by Indispirit
You could try a response along the lines of:

"That's interesting, do share how you get on. There doesn't seem to be a template specifically for LimeSurvey."

My reading of the documentation is that a connector is not required for the class of APIs that LimeSurvey uses which seem to allow for the standard authentication functionality build into the tool.

Hilariously though, I've so far failed at the much earlier stage of exporting responses from an earlier survey, anonymising them and reimporting them into a test survey.

I'll let you know how I get on, it would be a shame not to indulge such an enquiring mind as yours.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #216546 by DenisChenu
I'm totally OK with jelo here .

It's more an ethercalc here : github.com/audreyt/ethercalc , and therecalc is free , really free : ethercalc.net/

Else for integration of calc system  in limesurey : jexcel solution : demo.sondages.pro/896317
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/QuestionSettingsT...ionSpreadsheetSurvey

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: https://gitlab.com/SondagesPro/QuestionSettingsType/questionSpreadsheetSurvey

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose