theme options

More
8 months 22 hours ago - 8 months 21 hours ago #216357 by imoullet
twig theme options was created by imoullet
Hello
Is it possible to create a new option with some text with 

<input type='text' name='test' class=' simple_edit_options_test ' data-id='test'/>

instead of using a radio or select button 

Thanks for your help

Last edit: 8 months 21 hours ago by DenisChenu. Reason: twig theme options

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 months 21 hours ago - 8 months 21 hours ago #216359 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic theme options
On 3.X or 4.X ?

On 3.X : there are no real helper …
See gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyThemes/skel...ns/options.twig#L970

On 4.X (with helper) : i don't know : maybe look at code. And if don't exist : create a feature request.

I move this topic to Development forum

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development . I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 8 months 21 hours ago by DenisChenu.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #216531 by imoullet
Replied by imoullet on topic theme options
Thanks for your reply.
I am working on LS 3.x

I could add my custom option Emetteur 2 in options.twig file as below

{# Emmetteur 2 #}
<div class='row'>
<div class='col-sm-12'>
<div class='panel panel-default'>
<div class='panel-heading'>{{ sprintf( gT("Emetteur 2"), templateConfiguration.template_name)|capitalize }} </div>
<div class='panel-body'>
<div class='form-group row'>
<label for='simple_edit_options_emetteur2' class='control-label'>{{ gT("Département ou institut:") }}</label>
<div class='col-sm-12'>
<input type="text" name="emetteur2" data-inheritvalue="{{oParentOptions.emetteur2}}" id="emetteur2" class="form-control selector_option_value_field text_option_string_field simple_edit_options_fontcolor" data-id="emetteur2" />
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

I can see the panel Emetteur2 in the The options panel ( global settings and survey theme options ) as expected ( see attached file) 

Then  I try to enter some text in the corresponding field , and save ( upper right save button) the text just disappears and is not saved.. 

Maybe the problem comes from the options.js file. Do I have to change something in this file ?

Any idea ? 

Thanks 

Attachments:

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #216547 by DenisChenu
Oh yes : i think i add some JS function ... gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyThemes/skel...e/options/options.js

I really dislike this JS only form … really awfull to fix and improve.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development . I don't answer to private message.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #216768 by imoullet
I could make some progress and finally get it work but ONLY with the inherit button off . I mean my new option can only be modified at the sruvey level if i broke the inheritance..
I would like it to be completely independent of the inheritance process, in the same way as the Fruity variations for example.

Idea?
Thanks
Best

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #216769 by DenisChenu
Create a feature request ?

I think it's not possible currently : only variations are out of inherit by LimeSurvey fixed code.
(PS : i think it's a good idea to have some "inherit by group)

Or : you can save all value to inherit in place of global inheritance. Again : it's done only in JS …

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #216789 by imoullet
Thanks for the info..
In fact I could have 2 solutions
1)keep the toggle inheritance button but remove, via options.twig, all the options fields except my "free" emetteur2 field . Survey administrator would just have to refuse the inheritance to be able to fill the emetteur2 field.

2) your solution which is the one I tried without success. How could I simply save all value to inherit ? I could not find the way .. I could then just remove the inheritance toggle button. It will be on by default since inheritance is defined to 1 in options.js and leave only my "free" field emetteur2 to display

Which one would you recommend.
I was so enthousiastic with the new options features in 3.x and thought it would be so simple to have a generic master theme and let each survey administrator chose the name of their department that I could then simply use in the navbar.twig file to be displayed in my header.. Maybe there is a simple solution for that ??

Anyway thanks for your response

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #216811 by DenisChenu
Maybe it's best to check on 4.X master version and the new option system.

And ask for a feature request
I have a feature request to do for dropdown with category ;)

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now