Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error when changing the language in all available languages

• AritzP
  • AritzP's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #215980 by AritzP
Hi everyone,

We have an error when we change the survey language in all the available languages (only occurs in one survey), for example:

There are 3 languages available, English, Spanish and Basque. If you start the survey in Spanish, you can change to English and then Basque, but if you want to change to a language you have already selected before, it throws the 'HTTP ERROR 500'. I exported the survey and the theme which was linked, import everything on localhost and it worked like it should work, no error.

So, if anybody has an idea what could be making this error, I will appreciate an answer!

I am using Limesurvey 3.17.7

Thanks for your time!
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 11 months ago #215983 by jelo

I exported the survey and the theme which was linked, import everything on localhost and it worked like it should work, no error.

You might answer the question on you own, when you compare your two LimeSurvey installations. There will be differences. Version on both 3.17.7?  OS, Webserver and Database might be different. Click on the version number at the bottong to get more infos about the system running LimeSurvey.

Create a few copies of the survey and remove an language, to see if the switch issue is related to one language. Then remove parts of the survey to see if a certain questioncontent is triggering the error 500. 

There is a chance that LS3.17.7 from 2019 has a bug, which is only triggered in certain combinations. The simplest way is to test the survey with the newest LS3 release.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 11 months ago #215997 by DenisChenu
Else

1. 500 error mean an issue hidden because you don't s et the debug mode
2. Di you try to import on same server ?
3. Did you Check integrity ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • AritzP
  • AritzP's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #216033 by AritzP
Thanks for your answers, I will try your advices

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose