Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Condition in ranking question

• Jmantysalo
  • Jmantysalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 6 months ago #206704 by Jmantysalo
Condition in ranking question was created by Jmantysalo
Do others see it slightly illogical that I can add condition to every subquestion in checkboxes-type question, but not for items to be selected in ranking-type question?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 6 months ago #206712 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Condition in ranking question
It's because options in a multiple-choice are "sub-questions", therefore each have a column in the data. Options in a ranking are "answers", therefore stored in another table.

Currently you can only apply relevance/conditions to questions or sub-questions in the data table.

An alternative is to use an array filter to hide/show the answers. Joffm has given many examples on how to do this with hidden questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Jmantysalo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 6 months ago #206816 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Condition in ranking question
Yes, I do understand the technical viewpoint of this. But from the users perspective it can be confusing, I guess.

array_filter is a good idea for many cases, but not for the one I was asked this time.
  • holch
More
3 years 5 months ago #207014 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Condition in ranking question
It is certainly something that many of us wish for (answer relevance), there is probably some feature request for this somewhere as well.

However, resources are limited and the question/subquestion relevance is also 'relatively' new to Limesurvey (just a couple of years).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Jmantysalo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 5 months ago #207020 by Jmantysalo
Replied by Jmantysalo on topic Condition in ranking question

holch wrote: However, resources are limited and the question/subquestion relevance is also 'relatively' new to Limesurvey (just a couple of years).

True, I do understand. And we usually forget to say thanks, so for at least once: Great software! Thanks! And also thanks to thos who have answered my questions and bug reports here.
  • holch
More
3 years 5 months ago #207023 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Condition in ranking question
The subquestion relevance was one of the biggest steps ahead for Limesurvey in the last couple of years (before the expression manager in general was a very big deal).
Unfortunately in my opinion, there was very little real progress in terms of features and functionalities. Unfortunately the changes to the GUI have caused a lot of work and trouble and in my opinion have not been the sucess that I would have expected.
Now once LS 4.x is more "under control" and finally the template/theme system is stable, we might see more real progress in features.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose