Hello,
sometimes survey admins build long page forms and participants spend too much time responding (more than 5 minutes) that situation makes their session expires.
So that at the event clicking «next» (page) LS asks again for the token and forgets about last form fill.
People are very frustrated about that.
I would try to write a plugin who tries to update the session time at each form iteration (for example at each field focusing). The thing should send an ajax request useful for «pinging» they're still alive.
How do I can hook to the session and the fields elements in javascript?
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
Thank you for this post!
I have the same problem. Currently I am working with the Community Edition Version 4.2. Unfortunately, the HeartBeat-plugin can not be installed in this version (it is not "compatible with this Version of LimeSurvey")
Therefore we also tried your advice from 4 years ago:
Setting the iSessionExpirationTime on a high value (our set session is set to DB in config.php.) But unfortunately this didn't work as well...
Is there any update of the HeartBeat-plugin compatible with the V4.X or another way to prevent time outs?
iSessionExpirationTime can be used only if you use DB session
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.