export_responses_by_token and multiple choice with comments questions

More
1 year 3 months ago #193515 by sshaffer
We are on version 2.06 of Lime. Using the api method "export_responses_by_token", passing headingType "full" and responseType "long". For questions of type "P" (multiple choice with comments), only the last option's comments are returned.

For example, given the below question:

Please check all that apply and comment
checkbox1 "this is a comment"
checkbox2 "so is this"
checkbox3 "and this"

If all three of the above checkboxes were checked in a survey response, with the comments to the right of each, when calling export_responses_by_token we only get the "and this" comment returned. The method returns data showing that all 3 checkboxes where checked, but the top two comments "this is a comment" and "so is this" are not returned.

Is this a bug? If so has it been resolved in a more recent version of Lime Survey? If I change the headingType to "code" then the method does return all the comments, but unfortunately then I am missing information I also need such as the question text. According to the documentation the only valid values for headingType are "code", "full", or "abbreviated".
The topic has been locked.
More
1 year 3 months ago #193566 by sshaffer
UPDATE: I've upgraded to version 3.17 and this is still an issue - only the last comment is returned from export_responses_by_token for a multiple choice with comments question. Also tried just export_responses and got the same issue.
More
1 year 3 months ago #193581 by tpartner
Please file a bug report and give a link here.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now