Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Getting started with Docker LimeSurvey Image on Windows host

• visionit
  • visionit's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #179645 by visionit
Replied by visionit on topic Docker Image Feedback
Hi, yes I've seen that image. I didn't like they way the installation is handled, with the limesurvey code as tar in the repository. Mine pulls the current release directly from GitHub.

...also I've automated upgrading the Docker image and used a similar tagging strategy as the LimeSurvey devs. Which keeps things fresh and simple.

Cheers
The topic has been locked.
  • visionit
More
5 years 2 months ago #179646 by visionit
Hey, I'm not that familliar with Windows... but I think your on the right track.

What you gotta do is: 1. Install docker-compose for Windows 2. Get the docker-compose.yml from my repo 3. Change in the directory in which you downloaded the yml and run docker-compose up (this will also pull the image)

github.com/martialblog/docker-limesurvey...r/docker-compose.yml
More
5 years 1 month ago #179773 by Momaza
What is the update process? If we just replace the docker image with the new version and the amount of data from the previous image, will limesurvey upgrade the data?

หวยจับยี่กี
xn--12cn8c4ac0a1a5cxbb1s.com
  • visionit
More
5 years 1 month ago #179914 by visionit
Hey, when you take a look at the entrypoint.sh you'll see what's going on during the update.

It'll check if the config.php exists and if the database is initialized. If so, it'll run the console.php updatedb to upgrade the database if necessary. So changing the Image Tag and restarting the Container is enough to update.

Cheers
  • limesurvey_asker
More
4 years 1 month ago #193303 by limesurvey_asker
Replied by limesurvey_asker on topic Docker Image Feedback

visionit wrote: Hi,

so all uploaded (persitent) user data is stored to the upload/ directory. Any other data (in www/) is application specific, thus getting changed when changing the version of the image. So what you want to do, is to use a Volume for /var/www/html/upload/

If you change the Image version you'll get the new LS version and the uploaded data stays the same.

I'd be very happy to get feedback for improvement from the LS Team.

Cheers

so all my templates are in the upload directory, right? So if the updated Limesurvey Version still accepts the templates, everything should be fine?
What about the database, you need that running in a sperate container or elsewhere, right?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose