Is it possible to make one of the answer scales non mandatory? I have a 1 to 5 scale and the other scale will have a single optional answer option in it. I originally had a not applicable answer option in the second scale but users found it annoying to select two options for the 24 sub-questions
You can't really make one answer non-mandatory and the problem with only providing one option for that scale is that if respondents mistakenly click it, they cannot un-click it.
I would keep the "N/A" option in the second scale and insert some JavaScript to click that option by default.
Add this script to the source of the array:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
$(document).ready(function() {
// Identify this question
var thisQuestion = $('#question{QID}');
// Identify the second scale answers
$('.answer-item[class^="answer_cell_2"]', thisQuestion).addClass('scale-2-item');
// Set a default answer for the second scale
$('.answers-list', thisQuestion).each(function(i) {
if($('.scale-2-item input[type="radio"]:checked', this).length == 0) {
$('.scale-2-item input[type="radio"]:last', this).click();
}
});
});
</script>
.
Cheers,
Tony Partner Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Thanks for this, but i can't seem to get the script working. Where exactly do i place the script? i tried putting it inside the not applicable answer option source and it didn't work. Was it suppose to go somewhere else? And i changed the QID to the relevant id.
Did you already add this to the workaround section? Might be really useful for others!
Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
survey-consulting.com
offlinesurveys.com
Feel free to contact me by email for professional LimeSurvey support!
Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
survey-consulting.com
offlinesurveys.com
Feel free to contact me by email for professional LimeSurvey support!
Hi Tony,
Your solution to the problem is what I am looking for. I have a dual array scale (first is quantity and second is frequency) and would like it to be automatic that when someone selects none for quantity, never in frequency is automatically selected.
Here is my problem: I cannot use JavaScript. The administrators would like to avoid activating this feature.
Do you know if there is a way to accomplish this same thing but with Expression Manager and/or equations?