Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

I can't branch a group of questions

More
2 days 5 hours ago #267353 by lza
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 6.5.12+240611 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: 
==================Hi everyone,I’m currently working on a branching questionnaire in Lime Survey and running into an issue with the logic for certain respondent groups.The survey is designed to branch into four types of respondents:
  1. Unaware of the product
  2. Considerers of the product
  3. Users of competitor products
  4. Users of our product
The issue I’m facing is with the Considerers and Users of our product groups. Both of these groups have different sets of questions that should be displayed, but for some reason, Lime Survey is showing questions meant for Considerers to Users, which shouldn’t be happening.Here’s the structure of my survey:
  • Block 0: Demographic information
  • Block 1: Product usage screener (used to separate respondents into Considerers or Users)
  • Block 1.1: Questions specifically for Considerers
  • Block 2+: Questions specifically for Users of our product
The problem is that Users who pass through Block 1 are still seeing questions from Block 1.1, even though those questions are meant for Considerers only.What I’ve tried so far:
  • I’ve set a condition on all the questions in Block 1.1 so that respondents who selected "our product" in the multiple-choice screener question should not see these questions. This didn’t work.
  • I added a hidden text question at the end of Block 1 to track who should not see Block 1.1 (i.e., anyone who selects our product in Block 1 should skip Block 1.1). Unfortunately, this didn’t work either.
Despite these attempts, Users are still seeing questions that should only be shown to Considerers.Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this logic? Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance for your time and insights!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team & Official Partner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team & Official Partner
More
1 day 20 hours ago #267356 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic I can't branch a group of questions
How do you hide questions for participant ? Using condition editor ?
Can you check survey logic file ?

Maybe you add a javascript broke logic too.

We need your lss for testing. It work for all people except you.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. - Professional support - Plugins, theme and development .
I don't answer to private message.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 day 12 hours ago - 1 day 12 hours ago #267368 by holch
Replied by holch on topic I can't branch a group of questions

I’ve set a condition on all the questions in Block 1.1 so that respondents who selected "our product" in the multiple-choice screener question should not see these questions. This didn’t work.

I assume the problem is somewhere here. How did you set the condition to hide these questions? What is the condition? "It didn't work" doesn't really help, we need to see what you have actually done.

Ideally, as Denis suggests, you would send us an LSS file so we can have a look at it. It doesn't need to be the whole survey if this is confidential, but rather a simplified example.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 day 12 hours ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose