Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question Group Loop

• JackieChan
  • JackieChan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 days ago #265740 by JackieChan
Question Group Loop was created by JackieChan
I would like to use a loop function for a question group. For example, in the sample lss file, there are two question groups with the same structure, Loop1 and Loop2.In our actual scenario, we refer to these as question cards. Users may need to repeatedly answer the same question card many times, and the number of repetitions might be determined by a previous question group. For instance, in the sample lss file, the number selected for question Q0 in Group1 could indicate the number of times the question card needs to be repeated.When there are only a few questions in the question card, I can manually duplicate multiple question groups. However, if the question card contains many questions, this approach can prevent the survey from being launched. Moreover, this method of duplication is quite cumbersome. If a question needs to be modified, the corresponding question in all duplicated groups must be updated.Therefore, I am wondering if there is a loop function for question groups, where I can set a group to appear N times based on a certain condition, allowing users to answer repeatedly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team & Official Partner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team & Official Partner
More
2 months 2 days ago #265744 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Question Group Loop
There are no solution with LOOP, but there are an existing solution to attach one response in one survey to a list of responses in another survey.

You have a sample of the result here : demo.sondages.pro/217682?token=tokenTest&newtest=Y#

Plugin code is here : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/QuestionSettingsType/questionExtraSurvey but need an update for 6 currently (I think it can be tested with 6, some CSS class to adapt surely).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member.
I don't answer to private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose