Version 5.6.31
Hi Dear LimeSurvey community,
I have a question about the setup of my survey. We are designing an experimental study in LimeSurvey and we need a specific type of randomization/order of our question groups. We have a number of images and questions that we are aiming to show to the participants. It is important that each group of images/questions is shown in a random order. However, after a random group was shown, a specific group of questions should be shown afterwards. Then, the next group is random again.
So, the order should be:
Demographics
Random group->Specific group
Random group->Specific group
Random group->Specific group
End of Survey Questionnaire
To randomize the random groups, I put them in the same randomization group. For the specific groups I used the following relevance equation to show them only after the matching random group was shown:
G1Q1.NAOK
== "A11" OR
G1Q1.NAOK
== "A12"
This code refers to the first question in the random group and only allows the specific group to be shown, if the first item in the group was answered.
So far it works that the specific group is shown only if the random group has been answered, but my problem is that the order is messed up. The specific group needs to be shown with its matching random group right afterwards. With my code, the specific group is shown somewhere in the survey after the random group, but not right after it.
Another specification of our experimental design is that the participants are not allowed to see the image in the specific group before they responded to the random group, because that might influence their decision and we want to avoid that. Therefore, I cannot put all the items in the same group and use simple conditions, because if I do that the new items are shown to the participants right after they select a response without proceeding to the next page.
I am not sure if there is a way to solve this problem in LimeSurvey. Maybe you can help me! Please let me know if you need more information.
Thanks,
Chris