Please help us help you and fill where relevant: Your LimeSurvey version: [LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.1.3+230612] Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: sefl-hosted Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
I export the sps file and dat file for SPSS importing. When I edit the file path for dat file in SPSS syntax in sps file. I got the error:
Code:
[code]PRESERVE LOCALE.
SET LOCALE='en_UK'.
SET DECIMAL=DOT.
GET DATA
/TYPE=TXT
/FILE='/Users/abc/Downloads/survey_267188_SPSS_data_file.dat'
/DELCASE=LINE
/DELIMITERS=","
/QUALIFIER="'"
/ARRANGEMENT=DELIMITED
/FIRSTCASE=1
/IMPORTCASE=ALL
/VARIABLES= V1 F7 V2 DATETIME23.2 V3 F7 V4 A20 V5 A31 V6 F1 V7 F1 V8 F1 V9 F1 V10 F1 V11 F1 V12 F1 V13 F1 V14 F1 V15 F1 V16 F1 V17 F1 V18 F1 V19 F1 V20 F1 V21 F1 V22 F1 V23 F1 V24 F1.
>Error. Command name: GET DATA
>(2269) Failure opening file: /Users/freezhao/Downloads/survey_267188_SPSS_data_file.dat >Execution of this command stops.
CACHE.
EXECUTE.
>Error # 105. Command name: EXECUTE
>This command is not valid before a working file has been defined.
>Execution of this command stops.
*Define Variable Properties.
VARIABLE LABELS V1 "id".
>Error # 100. Command name: VARIABLE LABELS
>This command is not permitted before the beginning of file definition
>commands.
>Execution of this command stops.
VARIABLE LABELS V2 "submitdate".
……………………
[/code]
I have comfirmt the file path is OK. So what is the problem? It works well before.
Yes, I am working on a MacSO Monterey,
I did not upgrade my MacOS recently, it worked well days ago.
I tried to put the sps and dat files in User level foder, and It works!
So I qutie confuse about this issue. Really want to know what's the problem.
I test more:
1. I export from SPSS (.sav), it works well and the label( variable name) is ok.
2. I export from the SPSS to sps and dat file. And input them from the User level folder, it works but with warning:
>Warning # 4463 in column 20. Text: [XXXXXXXXX] YYYYYYYYYYYYY
>A label specified on the VAR LABELS command contains more than 256 bytes. The
>label will be truncated to 256 bytes.