Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Database schema for LimeSurvey 3

• JEfromCanada
  • JEfromCanada's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #232359 by JEfromCanada
Database schema for LimeSurvey 3 was created by JEfromCanada
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey 3 LTS
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own Server
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
If I go to the LimeSurvey site, I can download the database schema diagram for LimeSurvey 5 database.  Is there a similar document available for LimeSurvey 3 LTS?  Each year, one of my clients runs a contest where there are an average of 10 nominees in each of the 24 categories.  Right now, I am manually building the voting surveys (1 survey - with only 1 question - per category).  When I look at the database after creating the surveys, I feel like it should be relatively easy to automate the process of creating all these table entries (from the raw nominee data in a different database); yet when I tried doing this last year (under admittedly tight deadlines), I was unsuccessful.  I need to have data on which records have to be added first to the various tables, so there are no missing relationships when it comes time to save the data.  It would also be useful to know which modules are used to generate the Survey ID's and other key fields, so that I don't violate any of the internal LimeSurvey rules when I try to create keys (and table names) for the various tables.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 6 months ago #232367 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Database schema for LimeSurvey 3
automate the process => Use remotecontrol API manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose