Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Horizontal lines appearing in questions text

• karld
  • karld's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #228678 by karld
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.15.0+181008
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: vanilla and fruity
==================
Hello,
Since a few weeks/months, there are horizontal lines appearing in the text of the questions in the surveys, like this:

This is with the fruity template (we usually use a lightly modified version of fruity for our surveys), but it is the same with another template, e.g. vanilla:

No changes to the instance (version, update, customisation) have been done.
There is no bloat in the question text, the source of the text is "For the following criteria..." (without the quotation marks).
Setting the survey as active or inactive does not change anything to the problem.
The survey .lss file is attached too.
Any idea how to get rid of these lines would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by karld.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 10 months ago #228681 by holch

No changes to the instance (version, update, customisation) have been done.
There is no bloat in the question text, the source of the text is "For the following criteria..." (without the quotation marks).
Setting the survey as active or inactive does not change anything to the problem.

This sounds highly unlikely. If there have been no changes, nothing should change.

For something to change, there must be some form of change, either in the questionnaire, or the installation or the server.

Seeing that your version is 3.15.0+181008, which is now almost 4 years old and thus hasn't received any updates since 08/10/2018, no security updates, no bug fixes, etc. I think we can rule a change in the Limesurvey installation out. However, you really should update this "ancient" thing. In times of data protection laws like GDPR, LGPD, etc. all over the world, I don't think it is a good idea to collect data with a software that hasn't been updated for almost 4 years now. Especially as you seem to be collecting data in the healthcare sector, where the rules are even more rigid.

I also just imported your survey into my Limesurvey Version 3.28.8+220426 and in Fruity it looks just fine. So you should have a look if there has been changes made to your Fruity theme. If so, use an original Fruity as it comes out of the box and see if the problem persists. It shouldn't.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karld

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 10 months ago #228683 by holch
By the way, this is how your question looks like here with Vanilla (and Fruity looks basically the same, just with different colors):

Also make sure that this is not a thing with your browser (e.g. a specific addon / plugin) causing trouble. Test the survey on other browsers / computers.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
  • Away
More
1 year 10 months ago #228684 by holch
Looking at it now, it is probably the div boxes that should be around the questions, but for some reason (probably some modification to the theme) they are not around the questions and have no content, so they just look like horizontal lines, not like boxes.

Put a third question there and see if a third line appears...

The following user(s) said Thank You: karld

• karld
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #228746 by karld
Hello,Thank you very much for your help.

Indeed, a third line appears when I add a third question.I have tried to reset the Vanilla theme, but this does not change anything.

I will try to update our instance, but I first need users to backup their surveys and wait for important running surveys to be done.

I have tried to find an empty <div> that would remove the horizontal line when removed, but could not find any.
Here is the HTML page generated when previewing the survey if you don't mind to have a look.  

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...illa.zip
File Size:277 KB

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by karld.

• karld
More
1 year 9 months ago #229440 by karld

However, you really should update this "ancient" thing.
I updated the instance to the latest v3 version (3.28.15+220616) and indeed the extra horizontal lines have vanished.

Thank you very much, your help is very much appreciated.

The following user(s) said Thank You: holch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose