Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error with JS: Internal error from saveFormWithAjax: no data.responseJSON found

• driz
  • driz's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #226977 by driz
My hosting company is Synergy Wholesale:

synergywholesale.com/

They don't really have hosting products as you can build your packages to your needs.
My LimeSurvey runs on a package with CPU 400%, Memory 4GB and Disk Space 5GB.

It uses Cpanel, with the following options:

cPanel Version 100.0 (build 12)
Apache Version 2.4.53
PHP Version 7.3.33
MySQL Version 10.3.34-MariaDB
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
Perl Version 5.16.3
Kernel Version 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.63.el7.x86_64

PHP packages running:
bcmath
dom
fileinfo
gd
imap
intl
ioncube_loader
json
ldap
mbstring
mcrypt
mysqlnd
nd_mysqli
nd_pdo_mysql
pdo
pdo_sqlite
phar
posix
soap
sockets
tidy
timezonedb
uploadprogress
wddx
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
zip

The same behaviour is visible in the following browsers, and I haven't tested any others. Every time I have tested this has been in an incognito window which means plugins are disabled.

Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge Version 100.0.1185.29 (Official build) (64-bit)
Opera Version:85.0.4341.47
Firefox 98.0.2 (64-bit)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #226979 by mickyv42
I too, am seeing the same error, and I am using the same version of LimeSurvey, also installed using Installatron ....

My hosting company is VentraIP in Australia, and the CPanel and other hosting specs are similar to yours.

• driz
More
1 year 11 months ago #226982 by driz
Wow.. what are the chances! VentraIP is basically the same hosting company as Synergy Wholesale. I assume it's a setting this host has applied. 

Jelo, do you have any other ideas other than Modsecurity that we could look at?

• driz
More
1 year 11 months ago #226983 by driz
I've submitted a support ticket to Synergy Wholesale mickyv42. The ticket is SYN-T9594752, If you were planning to submit a ticket too, feel free to quote that ticket so the team can look at both at the same time.

I too, am seeing the same error, and I am using the same version of LimeSurvey, also installed using Installatron ....

My hosting company is VentraIP in Australia, and the CPanel and other hosting specs are similar to yours.

More
1 year 11 months ago #227005 by mickyv42
Wow, coincidence indeed!
Thanks for that info. I will submit a ticket and reference yours as well. Let's hope this spurs them on to action.
I couldn't find any relevant references in the MOD_SECURITY tab they provide us either :-(
I was also considering trying an install using Softaculous (on the same host) to see if that has the same issue, but have to try and make time to do that ...

I've submitted a support ticket to Synergy Wholesale mickyv42. The ticket is SYN-T9594752, If you were planning to submit a ticket too, feel free to quote that ticket so the team can look at both at the same time.

More
1 year 11 months ago #227006 by mickyv42
My ticket is VIP-C8573661 for the same issue.

More
1 year 11 months ago #227009 by jelo
The Linux Distribution used by your provider is CloudLinux 7.
You might offered an option inside cPanel to switch PHP versions and add/remove php extentions.

I would try e.g. PHP 7.4 (first enable the php extensions needed for LimesSurvey there) and check if the issue vanished.
If not, go back to PHP 7.3.

My next step would be a look at the error logs. The chances are low to find a clue, but reproducing the issue at a certain time and looking at the logfile for entries might help.

Activating the debug mode of LimeSurvey is a chance too.
manual.limesurvey.org/Optional_settings#...opment_and_debugging

As long no one else can reproduce the exact error message outside the hosting environment you both use, it looks like a new kind of error.
I recommend to raise a bugticket with LimeSurvey and provide as much information there (e.g. screenshot of error),

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• driz
More
1 year 11 months ago #227042 by driz
Hi all, turns out Modsec was the issue, despite the host initially saying it wasn't. With some whitelisting the issue has now been resolved. Thanks for your help with this!

More
1 year 5 months ago #232979 by boses.ph
Hello Driz, may I ask what whitelisting tweaks you did that fixed this? We are encountering the same error - reported it here: forums.limesurvey.org/forum/installation...h-lime-survey#232978 .
Thanks.

• driz
More
1 year 5 months ago #233097 by driz
Hi boses.ph, sorry but I didn't do the whitelisting, but my hosting company did. I assume it's whitelisting in Modsec. The hosting company told me they had to whitelist in two areas.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 months ago #239220 by holch

Hi all, turns out Modsec was the issue, despite the host initially saying it wasn't.

The host always says it is not on their side first. That is basically the tech level someone in Level1 support is at. They have no idea, they are just there to keep you away. If you don't insist, they have done their job well and kept the next levels of support "free". ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
1 year 2 months ago #239221 by holch
@petersmaze: You almost got away with it. But then I though I might have to have a closer look at your post.

So congratulations on a late Christmas present: You'll receive a ban for spamming the forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose