Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Unfounded error message when clicking "Next"

• survep
  • survep's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #225519 by survep
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 3.22.1+200129
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: fruity (but irrelevant for mistake)
==================
Hi,

When clicking "Next" on the first page of the survey (no welcome page), LimeSurvey sometimes shows an error that says "Please use the survey navigation buttons or index. It appears you attempted to use the browser back button to re-submit a page." Clearly, the survey navigation button was used. The error is shown again, if I click the "Next" button again. Only after clicking "Next" for the third time, I can proceed to the next page. This error seems to only happen when using smartphones or tablets (Safari and Chrome). And it usually only happens for the first time the survey is answered with a particular device (so, if I delete the browser history and do the survey again with the same devide, there is no error). Any idea where this is coming from and how to solve it?

I have created a test survey where I replicated the error. Here is the link of the survey: [url] limesurvey.urz.uni-heidelberg.de/index.php/694433?lang=en [/url]
I have also attached the lss-file of the test survey.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and best regards!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 7 months ago #225521 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Unfounded error message when clicking "Next"
I would start with updating to the latest 3.x version. Your version is more than 2 years old.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: survep

• survep
  • survep's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #225676 by survep
Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for my late reply. It took me some time check whether using a more recent version solves the issue. It does!

Moderators: tpartnerholch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose