Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Page title not translated on registration page!

• arpsh
  • arpsh's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #220863 by arpsh
I'm sure that the solution to this is easy, I just have to find the correct Twig to edit, but I am struggling to find the code that creates the page title for the registration page in LS 5 (5.1.15 +211011)?

I have an English survey that needs to translate to a second language,and I can change absolutely every element with the exception of the page title on the registration page, which appends the text "Registering to :" in front of the correctly translated survey title.

I even just attempted adding "Registering to :" to the PO/MO file for the language in question, but it doesn't seem to work on this element of the page.

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received on how to hack this in the short term as I need to work it out ASAP, although I will also probably report it as a bug to avoid having to hack it in the future. Simply removing the text "Registering to: " for every language is my ideal solution if I can find out how.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by arpsh.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 6 months ago #220865 by tpartner
Which theme are you using and what registration page are you referring to? Please send a screenshot.

This is what I see when registering for a survey using the vanilla theme.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • arpsh
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #220866 by arpsh
Hi Tony

The template I am using is an edited version of Fruity, and it is the page title that appears in the browser tab I am referring to, see the image below!

Cheers

edit: It appears to be generated by this line of code in the head.twig:         {{ processString(aSurveyInfo.surveyls_title,1) }}

Attachments:
  • arpsh
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #220868 by arpsh
Aha, your question got me thinking - I forgot that I am using the RegisterQuick plugin, and it seems like that might be the cuplrit, as the text disappears when I temporarily disable it - explains why I couldn't find it in the main application.

I am hunting through RegisterQuick right now to see if I can find it there ....!

EDIT:

I've found the culprit - If anyone else has the same problem, it is line 319 in registerQuick.php
  • arpsh
More
2 years 6 months ago #220870 by arpsh
This is one of Denis's plugins that I know hasn't been updated for a little while, and as I'm not any sort of programmer I'm not sure how to suggest edits, but if you are reading this Denis then if you do ever revisit the plugin you might want to tweak that line in the code!
  • tpartner
More
2 years 6 months ago #220873 by tpartner
This is not the place to suggest changes to third party plugins. Please contact the developer directly at their plugin site.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 6 months ago #220876 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Page title not translated on registration page!
gitlab.com/SondagesPro/SurveyAccess/registerQuick/-/issues
(I still have 98 issues open here …)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 6 months ago #220878 by DenisChenu
PS registerQuick can not be used in 5.X and are never tested in 5.X …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • arpsh
More
2 years 6 months ago #220884 by arpsh
Hi Denis

Just to let you know, although I am aware that it isn't tested in 5.X, once I tweaked it to install and run without twigExtendByPlugins, it has performed reliably for us on 5.x (at least as far as we can tell) for a number of months, and many different surveys!
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 6 months ago #220885 by DenisChenu
great …

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose