Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Possible Bug: Opening new tabs using question index

• WilliPuhdlich
  • WilliPuhdlich's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #219492 by WilliPuhdlich
Hi.
I have a simple survey and found the following behaviour to be wrong:
In a survey that allows for full navigation back/forth, it is handy to have a navigation menu (right top), showing the groups of questions there is.
If you have entered several pages of the survey and then move back and forth to validate your input, you might find it handy to open a new tab of your browser, showing the selected group (open the link in a new tab, while pointing to the navbar menu item). But: This clears all input of all items in the landing page - at least when it is the same page that is open already (or a page that someone else has opened at the same time)!
The tricky thing is that navigating with Next/Back-Buttons and opening new survey instances using the same token, Limesurvey recognizes this and takes care of the data in each page. So I think, the navigation-link behaviour is a bug. What do you think?
Furthermore, can anybody give me a hint where to find the code for this behaviour?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for helping!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by WilliPuhdlich.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 7 months ago #219640 by DenisChenu
The menu must not be used in a new page : there are an submit action done in javascript.

With a open in a new tab: you disable this action.

You're right : this must be a JS only link. We must remove the link

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WilliPuhdlich
  • WilliPuhdlich
More
2 years 7 months ago #219641 by WilliPuhdlich
Replied by WilliPuhdlich on topic Possible Bug: Opening new tabs using question index
Hi. Thank you for your reply. Can you point us to the source that needs to be changed? We need to urgently correct the behaviour.

Thanks for helping!
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219642 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • WilliPuhdlich
More
2 years 7 months ago #219655 by WilliPuhdlich
Replied by WilliPuhdlich on topic Possible Bug: Opening new tabs using question index
I changed the corresponding line to <a href="#0"> as proposed and this works. It is now not possible any more to use the context-menu to jump to a certain page and opening a new tab at the same time.
During testing, though, I got to the impression that any MOVE-command deletes contents in the page that issues the move-command.
Imagine a contents-page in the survey where you may jump to other groups:
<a href=" surveyhost.com/index.php/723728/lang/de/token/{TOKEN}/move/1 ">Inhaltsverzeichnis

<a href=" surveyhost.com/index.php/723728/lang/de/token/{TOKEN}/move/2 ">Gruppe 1

<a href=" surveyhost.com/index.php/723728/lang/de/token/{TOKEN}/move/3 ">Gruppe 2

<a href=" surveyhost.com/index.php/723728/lang/de/token/{TOKEN}/move/4 ">Gruppe 3

If you put a comment-field in the same page and click on one of the move-URLs, the comment-text is deleted.
This is a bug as well, insn't it?

Thanks for helping!
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219657 by DenisChenu

If you put a comment-field in the same page and click on one of the move-URLs, the comment-text is deleted.
This is a bug as well, insn't it?

No : you can not submit a form clicking on a link.
Disable javascript : you see the buttons (inside the form)

Why you don't directly remove href ?

• WilliPuhdlich
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #219658 by WilliPuhdlich
Sorry, but I don't understand your posting.

I want to present a possibility to survey-users to jump to groups of a survey from a table-of-contents. For this, I use href-URLs like shown. You propose buttons?
I cannot remot hrefs since I have no other possibility to jump inside the survey to other groups.

I don`t want to submit anything! I can live with the fact that in case someone didn't use the <next>-button to save the contents, this is gone. BUT here, the contents is deleted (a submit/clear is done).

Please remember that I am no programmer/database/php/-expert, I am a dumb user to Limesurvey.

Thanks for helping!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by WilliPuhdlich.
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219659 by DenisChenu
OK,

I check you're right : there are another issue : i update the mantis issue after.

In theorie : you can open a link on another tab without submitting current data, but without loose data already submit.

But seems in some case : you loose data already submited , and : data on current step are not submited.

It's an issue hard to fix because due to browser and session behaviour and our step behaviour inside our session system.

I think there are no way to fix it directly … if you want to show question on another tab : create some HTML page maybe ?

Esle about the remove href :

replace <a href='{{ indexItem.url }}' data-limesurvey-submit='{{ indexItem.submit }}' class='aminate'>
by
<a data-limesurvey-submit='{{ indexItem.submit }}' class='animate'>

=> remove href : it's not mandatry in HTML

• WilliPuhdlich
More
2 years 7 months ago #219661 by WilliPuhdlich
Removing href works fine. Thanks.

Thanks for helping!
  • WilliPuhdlich
More
2 years 7 months ago #219666 by WilliPuhdlich
Removing href in the index helps.
But there is no solution yet for Links for jumping to groups and removal of data. :/

Thanks for helping!
  • DenisChenu
More
2 years 7 months ago #219670 by DenisChenu
<button type="submit" name="move" value="2"  >Test</button>

But : it's in same tab.

• WilliPuhdlich
More
2 years 7 months ago #219763 by WilliPuhdlich
The button works! I can jump to any page in the same survey without deleting contents! Thanks very much!

In case I want to jump to another survey, I used the ?move - command, using the survey-id to jump to. How to do that using a button?! Can you advise on that?

Thanks for helping!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose