Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey Assessment score by group

• zegnar
  • zegnar's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #218271 by zegnar
LimeSurvey Assessment score by group was created by zegnar
Hi Team,
I'd like to know how to get group total score to be saved into responses instead of the Overall survey score. Tried using {ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL} But it gets the Overall survey score and using {PERC} or {TOTAL} doesn't get the total into responses. Thanks in advance.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 9 months ago #218272 by holch
Replied by holch on topic LimeSurvey Assessment score by group
For saving the scores, I would not use the assessment feature at all. It a deprecated feature. Today we use expression script, which allows you to calculate scores a lot more flexible.

You can still use the assessment points for each answer, but then instead of using the assessment feature to calculate the total score, etc. I would use expression script/manager to calculate those scores.

You can save these scores for e.g. the total, or for just a specific group, or for just one question, etc. into an equation type question and hide it from the respondents.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• zegnar
More
2 years 9 months ago #218298 by zegnar
Replied by zegnar on topic LimeSurvey Assessment score by group
Hi Holch,

Thanks for the instant reply. I'm new to limesurvey, I have no idea on how expression manager is used. I've read on the forum that people who've encountered the similar problem used EM. Could you please kindly assist me in using EM, cause I've read the manual but its not detailed enough.

Thanks,
Tshepo
  • zegnar
More
2 years 9 months ago #218310 by zegnar
Hi Holch,
I totally understand your stand point, but what I forgot to mention is that the survey makes use of Assessment rules, if the user scores a certain total for each group it gauges the user to be between Novice, Competent and Expert in that group. Not sure if we can still achieve this without using Assessment feature?
Thanks!!!
  • zegnar
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #218311 by zegnar
Thanks!!!
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by zegnar. Reason: Sent same reply twice
  • holch
More
2 years 9 months ago #218327 by holch
Replied by holch on topic LimeSurvey Assessment score by group

Not sure if we can still achieve this without using Assessment feature?

I think you can ONLY achieve this with Expression Manager, not with the Assessment mode. Assessment mode is very basic. You can give points to answers and the assessment mode adds these points up and gives you a limited control over it.

With Expression manager you are very flexible and you can calculate your scores based on whatever you want.

Would you please kindly assist me in using EM, cause I've read the manual but its not detailed enough.

If the manual regarding EM is not "detailed" enough, then I don't know what I could add. Especially the EM section of the manual is quite thorough, even with example surveys, etc.

Just a basic tip on how I would approach this (without seeing your survey, so this makes it a little more difficult):
I would switch on assessment mode, to be able to give assessment values to each answer. This is the only part of the assessment mode that I would still use (where feasible).

Then I would create 1 equation question for each score that you want to create. From what I understand, you want a score per question group.

General rule: you can access the assessment value via questioncode.value (for single choice questions - for questions with subquestions it is slightly different, if I recall right it would be questioncode_subquestioncode.value). You will have to read through the manual and try some of the example surveys ( manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager_sample_surveys ).

You can then add up the scores for each question/subquestion that you want for this specific group and this value would be stored in the database. You can later also use it show the respondent if they are part of the "novice", "competent" or expert group.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose