Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Unclick answered scale when "no answer" is disabled

• Omti90
  • Omti90's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #217637 by Omti90
Hello everyone,

I've had a problem come up when testing my survey. Someone accidentially clicked a scale they didn't actually have an answer for and couldn't unclick it.
We've disabled the "no answer" choice since we don't want to encourage people clicking that. Is there some way to disable unclicking a scale by maybe clicking the currently active choice again?

Thank you,
Omti90
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
2 years 9 months ago #217644 by tpartner
By definition, you cannot manually un-check an input:radio element. You will need to add an "N/A" answer or add a button to programmatically un-check all radios in the row.

- developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/radio

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
2 years 9 months ago #217654 by holch
Generally people who have an answer to a question answer it and don't just click N/A. I think this is a fear that shouldn't actually be a big concern.

And if you "force" people to answer, you just move the "N/A" to your "valid" answers and in my opinion, this makes data quality worse.

I prefer those people who don't care or can't answer to click "N/A" than to simply give an answer anyway.

yes, I know, not really an solution to your actual question, but I think it is food for thought. Because at the end, your analysis is only worth doing if the quality of your data is good. So I (personally) rather have them click N/A and being able to exclude them from analysis than to "contaminate" my data.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose