Import participants does not import tokens

More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #217147 by majidr
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of Limesurvey. However, After upgrade, I have an issue with importing participants. I have created a CSV file with firstname, lastname email and token columns and when I import to my survey, all fields except token (Access Code) are imported. When I press generate Access Code, it creates random access codes, however, I need my own set of access code which are predefined in my CSV file. Would you please let me know how to solve this issue?
There is a sample attached.
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 21 hours ago - 2 weeks 20 hours ago #217152 by Joffm
Use a different separator: semicolon.
firstname;lastname;email;token
Alo;ooo;jgjghj@gdf.com;xfgdfgdfgd
gfgfhfg;nnhngh;gdg@dgdf.com;jghjgjghjghjgh

And I showed this in 3.25.16.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 20 hours ago by Joffm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #217153 by holch

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of Limesurvey.

Please always take the time to post the actual version number.

Why? Two main reasons:
- What is the "latest version" today, might not be the latest version tomorrow. Also, "recently" can mean anything. So you might actually not be on the "latest version" at the moment.
- There are various branches of Limesurvey. At the moment there are two branches that are actively developed and both have a "latest version".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
2 weeks 1 hour ago #217175 by tpartner
The simplest method is to manually create at least one participant via the GUI, export the participants as CSV and edit that file.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now