Hi,
I am using a Multiple choice question, with the other option. However, in order to encourage respondents to write their own answers I would like to have the "other option" where they can write their of option first rather than last as it is now. How can I do this in the best way.
Or, simpler if you are only concerned with the "Other"item:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" data-author="Tony Partner">
$(document).on('ready pjax:scriptcomplete',function(){
// Move "Other" to the first position
var otherItem = $('#question{QID} li[id$="X{QID}other"]');
otherItem.prependTo(otherItem.parent());
});
</script>
Cheers,
Tony Partner Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Thank you for your answer! Unfortunately I do not get it to work.
What do you mean by: fixedAnswers = number of answers.
Also, the instructions I'm not sure how this should be adjusted:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
$(document).ready(function() {
// Sub-question 1 is primary followed by 2 secondaries
secondaryCheckboxes({QID}, 1, 2);
// Sub-question 6 is primary followed by 3 secondaries
secondaryCheckboxes({QID}, 6, 3);
});
</script>
Also, I have four columns of alternatives (which makes the second alternative below not to work).
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks a lot tpartner! Unfortunately, I have 4 columns of alternative; and this fix only added the "Other"-option on top of the fourth column rather than on top of the first column. Is there a way to fix this?
You should always give the full requirements, your LimeSurvey version and the question layout in your posts. Indicating that you are using columns would have avoided both Joffm and me wasting time in our replies.
My sincere apology for being unclear!
Thank you for the link. However, when adding all items as being last (i.e., after the "Other") forces the other option to be alone in the first column, and all fixed-alternatives to a long second column (even though I've specified 4 columns). I've attached an image.
Version 4.4.14+210322
I've attached the adapted .lss-file from the linked-example.