Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

File Upload question : all my files seem corrupted !

• Agatte
  • Agatte's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #213403 by Agatte
Bonjour,
Hi,

In a survey I have a file upload question, to upload images (jpg, png, etc.). Numerous participants sent files, when I'm in « Display responses » I see their names (i.e. IMG_3499020.jpg) with the weight (i.e. 2.2 Mb) and with descriptions from the participant.
But if I click on the name (which is a link) to see or download file, it starts the download then say error and stops.

If I select the answers (in « Display responses ») et select « download files », it downloads a zip file with only 1 file inside without extension. Its named « Files_for_survey_222111 », 300 Mb more or less, but I can't do anything with it.
If I go with my FTP client over web/limesurvey/upload/surveys/222111/files, I only see some files without extension, with names like fu_something (i.e. fu_244k95pk8kq3s9w). If I try to add an extension (.jpg, .png…) it can't be opened and viewed and anyway, I couldn't tell from which ID answer it comes from so it would be useless.

I would really need them, so anyone has an idea to help me ? Thanks.

I use Version 3.22.25+200706
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Agatte.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 1 month ago #213424 by DenisChenu
> But if I click on the name (which is a link) to see or download file, it starts the download then say error and stops.

Start by activate debug mode to understand what happen : manual.limesurvey.org/Debug_mode
Anc : right clic on the name to open on a new window

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Agatte
More
3 years 1 month ago #213432 by Agatte
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I did activate debug mode, but don't understand what to do then. Right clicking on the name of a file to open on a new window ? It just open a new window telling me to download the file, and same results : it's downloaded but can't be opened/viewed…
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 1 month ago #213439 by DenisChenu
What brother did you try ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 1 month ago #213440 by DenisChenu
And please :

> But if I click on the name (which is a link) to see or download file, it starts the download then say error and stops.

OK : here there are error and stops

> It just open a new window telling me to download the file, and same results : it's downloaded but can't be opened/viewed…

Bit : you don't say same thing at 1st message.

• Agatte
More
3 years 1 month ago #213450 by Agatte
I use Firefox.

And yes you are right : at first the download did not finished (telling me error downloading), but now, I don't know why, it finishes but file can't be opened…
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 1 month ago #213454 by DenisChenu
What is the size of the file downloaded ?

If it's small : maybe it's texte with bad header.

• Agatte
More
3 years 1 month ago #213456 by Agatte
Size is ok for a jpg (3Mb)
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 1 month ago #213526 by DenisChenu
Didn't know …

Can you try yourself with uploading a light file ?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose