Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How can I assign one question to different groups?

• ge36fiy
  • ge36fiy's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #210901 by ge36fiy
Hello, I have a question regarding the design of my study and was wondering if maybe somebody here could help me.

I would like to achieve the following:
  • My study is about the happiness that people derive from 4 different activities
  • Thus, I would like to randomly divide all of the participants of my study into 4 groups and direct each group to a different website depending on their assigned activity
  • However, after having completed their respective task, they should all answer the same set of questions regarding happiness and some other variables!
I think I've already managed to divide my participants into 4 groups: I created a hidden extra question and called this variable "random". Then I created four introductory questions with the 4 different task instructions and assigned each of them a different relevance equation: ((random==1)), ((random==2)), ((random==3)) and ((random==4)).

However, now I'm unsure how to set up the rest of the study. Do I now have to create four separate versions for each question and each give them a different relevance equation? Or is it possible to create a question once and assign it to all four groups?

The crucial thing is that, once my study is done, I can tell the differences in how the four different groups answered the same questions.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by ge36fiy.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 2 months ago #210918 by holch
If the question is the same for all of them, you can just use one question.

Now, just creating a hidden extra question doesn't help, it needs to generate a random number from 1-4. I hope you have used the right code for this.

Once you have the hidden equation question with the random number, you can present them the 4 different websites based on the number that was drawn.

The questions about this website do not need to be available for each group. Just don't apply the relevance equation to these questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose