Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Including links for the English and French versions within the same invitation

• eyrtrv
  • eyrtrv's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #210444 by eyrtrv
Hello,

This inquiry is referring to: Edit email templates > Invitation.

My participants are all receiving a link to the survey based on an individual token assigned to them randomly.

I currently have "{SURVEYLINK}" as the tag for a survey link but it leads to the version of the survey that is assigned to the individual (e.g., English).

How do I, within the same invitation, provide links for the English version of their survey link, as well as the French version of their survey link? In that case, the participant has the option to choose one of them to complete.

Thank you in advance!

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by eyrtrv.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #210445 by Joffm
Hi,
If you did not include a language attribute of your participants in the participant table the survey starts in the base language.
If there is a language attribute the survey starts in this language.

And on the welcome page and on any other page the participants have the option to change the language.
So your approach is not necessary at all.

In my opinion a participant should be able to select his desired language.

But of course you can do what you want.
Remove the {SURVEYURL} placeholder and insert two links to your survey with the language parameters.
As the only "not static" parameter is the token you have to insert a {TOKEN} placeholder.
Something like:
Code:
<a href="https://www.myServer.com/limesurvey/index.php?token={TOKEN}&amp;lang=en">Click for English survey</a>
<a href="https://www.myServer.com/limesurvey/index.php?token={TOKEN}&amp;lang=sp">Haga clic para obtener la encuesta en español</a>

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Joffm.
  • eyrtrv
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #210446 by eyrtrv
Thank you, but there is an issue with the links. When I apply them and fill in the necessary fields, it goes to my university's LimeSurvey homepage that lists all the surveys available in that particular language. I highly think it's because I didn't provide the specific ID of my LimeSurvey into those links that you sent me.

My university server gives each LimeSurvey an "ID". For instance, 531312. Where in the links that you have provided below would I insert my survey ID?

<a href=" www.myServer.com/limesurvey/index.php?token={TOKEN}&lang=en ">Click for English survey
<a href=" www.myServer.com/limesurvey/index.php?token={TOKEN}&lang=sp ">Haga clic para obtener la encuesta en español
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by eyrtrv.
  • Joffm
More
3 years 3 months ago #210447 by Joffm
Sorry, a typo.
Of course you have to add the survey ID.
You have to use the link you see in the survey overview.

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • eyrtrv
More
3 years 3 months ago #210449 by eyrtrv
Thank you. It seems to be working now! Appreciate your help, and thank you for also pointing out the language attribute.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose