Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Need help with designing my test/assessment.

• StefanLSUresearch
  • StefanLSUresearch's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #210197 by StefanLSUresearch
Need help with designing my test/assessment. was created by StefanLSUresearch
Dear all, hope you are safe in these times and doing well.

I would like some help on which question types I should put to get the responses I would need for research.
I started a free survey account and have designed a basic test successfully with basic discrimatories: age, location, sports played.

I want to combine these with the following test on a paid account:

20 video questions, randomised in order, displaying a situation with five possible outcomes. Assessment with A/B/C/D/E answers (on the side of the video) with only one answer being correct, all other 4 being incorrect.
After every question next screen loads displaying the next video clip.

first 5 are excluded from assessment. next 15 included.

What I would like to make, is a assessment that tells me out of those 15 questions, how many were right answered, and in what total time.

This is my first time designing a test like this, would Limesurvey be appropriate for this?

I already have all the video material, so the only thing I am looking for is a timed test that tells me after a participant has done the test how many answers he or she got right, and in how much total time with the use of these 20 videos and the basic discrimatories I can use for research.

Which group/question type should I use for the videos to be able to measure correct answer + time?

Preferred outcome would be: Age x location x sports played x answers correct x time used.
Testing my hypothesis that older participants from a certain location perform better and faster.

Thank you very much for your time in advance, stay safe!
Kind regards,
Stefan
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 3 months ago #210201 by Joffm
Hi,
you are mixing two things.
Data collection and analysis.

So, your approach is a simple one.
You show your videos in a single punch question in random order.
So you'll use "randomization group name".

And some other questions at the start or at the end.

By Expression manager you may calculate the number of correct answers.

Now your anylysis starts.
You will export your data including the timings and the rest is done in your statistics tool. (LimeSurvey is not a statistic tool)

So you should provide your first try with some of the video questions as lss export.
This way we can help better.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • StefanLSUresearch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210505 by StefanLSUresearch
Replied by StefanLSUresearch on topic Need help with designing my test/assessment.
Dear Joffm,

Thank you very much for your quick and clear answer.
I have made a lss file, can I send it in a PM to you?

What I am looking for is what question types I need for being able to time their response time, as well as accuracy of answers in group 3, while being able to randomize those 15 questions.

In my lss file, I have just used one video question to illustrate the question.

Also, since it is a video question, I tried modifying the size of the video screen, which worked very well, but I was not able to put the answer sheet in the same frame next to the video, is there a way this is possible?

Thank you very much for your time, stay safe!
Kind regards,
Stefan
  • Joffm
More
3 years 3 months ago #210513 by Joffm
Hi,
without seeing your prototype (the lss Export of your example) it is a bit useless to talk further.

What do you mean by "time their response time"? Do you want to limit the time the have to answer, or do you want to know what time the spent to anser this question.
The second is standard behaviour in LS.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
  • StefanLSUresearch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210514 by StefanLSUresearch
Replied by StefanLSUresearch on topic Need help with designing my test/assessment.
Dear Joffm,

How do I send the lss file to you?
I tried through PM, but I did not find a upload button there.

Kind regards,
Stefan
  • StefanLSUresearch
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #210515 by StefanLSUresearch
Here is LSS. 

Sorry for the confusion!
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by StefanLSUresearch.
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 3 months ago #210518 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Need help with designing my test/assessment.
See screenshot

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StefanLSUresearch
  • StefanLSUresearch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210532 by StefanLSUresearch
Found the attachment button.
Here is the LSS file.

Thank you for your time!
  • holch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210533 by holch
Upload your LSS file to a forum post here. Do not paste the code here. Make it easy for the people in the forum: Help them to help you.

This forum allows LSS files to be uploaded. Just click on "Go to Editor" and attach the file.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210534 by holch
OK, you found it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: StefanLSUresearch
  • Joffm
More
3 years 3 months ago #210540 by Joffm
Well,
and now?
What is your question?

20 video questions, randomised in order

That's easy. Use "randomization group name". All 20 questions get the same name.

Assessment with A/B/C/D/E answers (on the side of the video) with only one answer being correct, all other 4 being incorrect.

But you use a multiple question. Why not a single question? What do you calculate if somebody checks all 5 options? Is it correct? He checked the correct answer.

accuracy of answers in group 3

What is this? Is this the calculation how many correct answers were given?

And now again the timing.
What do you want to do?
1. Only want to know what time the respondent spent to answer? That's a standard behaviour.
2. Make sure that the respondent sees the whole video. The "Next" button is hidden and appears when the video finished.
3. Limit the time the respondent has to answer the question? Use a timer. But this is not available in multiple questions. So I come back to my question "Why multiple?"

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
  • StefanLSUresearch
More
3 years 3 months ago #210575 by StefanLSUresearch
Dear Joffm,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure what I should answer you because I do not understand the functions completely, and from the manual I do not seem to understand more of which functions I should use.
I can only describe what I am looking to create.

This is setup:
Basic questions: age, location, etc. 
5 videos to get participants adjusted to the format of video questions. (not timed, not scored for accuracy, not randomized)
15 video questions  (randomized) that after participant A is done I would like to see the total time spent, and correct amount of answers from and on those 15 questions. Like for example: 5 minutes time spent and 7/15 correct answers.
So the most important question is, which question types I should put my 15 videos in to get what I want? 

Then, additionally, I would like to ask if there is a function, where I can display the video about 60/70% of the screen on the left side, while without having to scroll, answer options (A/B/C/D/E) are shown on the other side. 
In a perfect world every time a participant clicks next page after giving an answer, next page with autoplay video and A/E answer options are shown on new loaded page without having to scroll down. I have found the functions to make the video become smaller and larger, only I could not find the name of the function to move the answer options to the side of the screen. 

What you have shown me is that the timing is an included feature, very nice, thank you.

Kind regards and a thousand thanks for your time again :)
Stefan

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose