Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array text fields set to Numbers Only will auto erase keyed in numeric values

• cheeseburger
  • cheeseburger's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #210121 by cheeseburger
Hi. I searched the forum before posting this and only found one older mention of a bug yet the issue seems to remain.

Does anyone have any insights on the following: Using an array (text) type of question and setting the field to "Numbers only", the field will occasionally erase keyed in values even though they are numbers. Yet other times it works perfectly fine.

One older post mentioned that this seems to occur more when tabbing from field to field. We noticed it even when manually selecting fields with our cursor. They also mentioned that right align seems to have the issue when left doesn't. We actually need to keep it right aligned.

It happens intermittently. As we all can assume, it must be the JS listener running on focus/blur/or change to the field. If I was to key in a non-numeric character, this behavior would be correct. It just seems to misfire once in awhile when it is a correctly keyed in number (solid integer, floating point, negative).

Current version of LS: Version 3.25.1+201124
Browsers tested in: FireFox, Chrome, Edge most current versions of each.

We submitted the bug to LS today and will follow up in this post if resolved for future problem solvers.

Thanks
ps...I tried to edit this post to move to the Design category. The others didn't seem to make sense and I accidentally posted to the installation category. Please relocate as needed since I didn't see a method to move it after the initial post. Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by cheeseburger. Reason: trying to move to a different category
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 3 months ago #210122 by tpartner
Topic moved.

Please provide a link to the bug so we can follow it.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheeseburger
  • cheeseburger
  • cheeseburger's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #210127 by cheeseburger
Per your request here is the bug issue URL: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=15180

Our initial post must have been combined with this earlier post from another user since they share similar challenges. I couldn't find the exact one we posted yet see this updated to today's date (which is when we posted ours).

Thanks
  • DenisChenu
More
3 years 3 months ago #210135 by DenisChenu
Like i write in a mantis issue : i try to reproduce with SkelVanilla and don't find any way.

Maybe you can try too …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose