Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Creating a psychometric test with LimeSurvey

• mmohsen
  • mmohsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #209058 by mmohsen
It' pretty noob question, but I feel a bit lost :)

I want to create a psychometric test which includes say 100 questions distributed over 5 (Single Choice - Radio) questions, each choice has a score. I know how to do that.

Now I want to calculate the scores of each group and present it at the end to the surveyer (and include it in my aggregate stats). How can I do that?

Even just refrence to manual instructions is appreciated
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 4 months ago #209078 by holch
There is the assessment feature, but it is very basic and in my opinion depricated and should not be used anymore (at least not for calculating the score, it can still be helpful to use the assessment values though, in case you can't reflect the scores in the answer codes).

Now you can use equation questions to calculate scores for each group.

However, what doesn't make sense to me is this part of your post:

I want to create a psychometric test which includes say 100 questions distributed over 5 (Single Choice - Radio) questions, each choice has a score.

You have 100 questions distributed over 5 questions??? Are you talking about groups here?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• mmohsen
  • mmohsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #209089 by mmohsen
Replied by mmohsen on topic Creating a psychometric test with LimeSurvey
Thanks for the info
First, sorry! Yes I meant "Groups" :)

Ok, would you please just guide me to how to write an equation for group score, and how to present it in the final user report? Just pointing to sources is good enough for me
  • holch
More
3 years 4 months ago #209092 by holch

Ok, would you please just guide me to how to write an equation for group score, and how to present it in the final user report? Just pointing to sources is good enough for me

Without knowing the structure of your survey it is almost impossible to give concrete examples.

E.g. how do we know which answer scores what?

A good starting point is the section about Expression Manager/Script in the manual: manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager

For example, let's say you have saved the scores for each answer option of a question in the assessment values.

Then you can access them via YourQuestionCodeComesHere.value.

Let's say your first group consists of Q1, Q2, Q3, each single choice questions (List Radio I assume), and each has 3 answer options with each having a acessment value:

Q1:
A1 (Acesssment value 5)
A2 (Assessment value 2)
A3 (Assessment value 0)
Q2:
A1 (Acesssment value 1)
A2 (Assessment value 8)
A3 (Assessment value 3)
Q3:
A1 (Acesssment value 0)
A2 (Assessment value 10)
A3 (Assessment value 0)

So you could write an equation to sum up the assessment values within an eqaution type question, something like this:
Code:
{sum(Q1.value,Q2.value,Q3.value)}

This would give you the sum of the assessment values of the answer options your respondent has chosen and would be stored in the equation question, lets call her ScoreG1.

You can later either create an equation that somes all the other equation questions for the total score, or you could even sum up the scores of all questions, at the end the result should be the same.

This should give you a rough idea where to start. Start small, with smaller examples and test fromt he beginning if it makes any sense.

If you have concrete questions, the best ist to attach an example of what you have done as a LSS file (only including what is necessary for the problem, not the whole survey).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mmohsen
  • tpartner
More
3 years 4 months ago #209114 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Creating a psychometric test with LimeSurvey

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmohsen

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose