Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to fix in the top the row with the answer options in a array question?

• jorgesinval
  • jorgesinval's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #203968 by jorgesinval
Is it possible to maintain the answer options fixed on the top of an array question? The desired behavior is that the questions are scrolled bellow the fixed bar, it is useful for long lists of questions, instead of repeating the answer options each X rows.

Sinval
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 7 months ago #203986 by holch
I think I had seen this on some templates in the past. However, for some reason it was dropped again, probably because it caused more harm.

Especially for smaller screens (mobile phones) I see more problems than good.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• jorgesinval
More
3 years 7 months ago #203987 by jorgesinval
So, do you think that is better to repeat the bar with the answers?

Sinval
  • holch
  • Away
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #203993 by holch
If it works, it is surely a nice feature for those that respond via big screen (desktop, notebook). Most (if not all) LS standard themes will break matrix/array questions into separate questions on small screens / mobile anyway.

But the question is, is it easy to implement and does it work with all browsers without major hassle.

I think I remember that Tpartner had posted a solution some time ago. But where do you want to fix the scale/answer options? the top of the screen? or just scrolling the subquestions below the scale and the rest of the page stays the same?

Honestly, I would probably break the question up into two or three if there are so many subquestions in the array question.

Let's see if someone will come up with a solution.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by holch. Reason: Added "on small screens / mobile anyway"
  • jorgesinval
More
3 years 7 months ago #203994 by jorgesinval
Yes, I want to fix it at the top of the screen, but no big deal. I have a psychometric instrument with 28 questions, that's why...

Thank you for your input.

Sinval

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose