Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

slider does not work with obligatory questions

• user15
  • user15's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #203695 by user15
Hi everyone,

apart from the problem that the slider does not work with internet explorer (a question which i have posted in a previous post), I also have some issues with obligatory questions and the slider.

All my questions in the question group are obligatory. One out of the five questions is a slider question using multiple numerical input. Settings of the slider are: start in the middle. All other settings are switched of.

If participants answer the slider question (let assume the drag the slider to the value 70), but forget any other question, they get a warning saying that all questions must be answered.
However, this warning automatically sets also the slider question back to it's inital value (50).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks again,
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 8 months ago #203697 by holch
Most important information in about 90% of all questions in the forum:

What version of Limesurvey are we talking about?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• user15
More
3 years 8 months ago #203706 by user15
sorry, version 3.0
  • holch
  • Away
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #203707 by holch
Can you attach a LSS file with the problematic question?
And what theme are you using?

And you are really using 3.0? No update size the first version of this branch of Limesurvey applied? I guess before we continue I would recommend to update to the latest version of LS 3.x (NOT to LS 4.x!!!).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by holch.
  • user15
More
3 years 8 months ago #203710 by user15
I'm using fruity as theme.
And I have now attached the file with the problematic question group.

ow-yeah sorry you are right - I got confused with the theme editor (which states 3.0), but it's actually 3.15

Thanks a lot,
  • holch
  • Away
More
3 years 8 months ago #203712 by holch
We asked for a LSS file, not a LSG file. Why? LSG and LSQ files are language sensitive and we need to create a survey first to import it and it needs to be in the same language to work.

So make a copy of your survey, delete everything that is not necessary and export it as a LSS file.

• user15
More
3 years 8 months ago #203714 by user15
ok, so this should be the correct file.
  • Joffm
More
3 years 8 months ago #203719 by Joffm
Hm, not reproducable (3.22.13)
Before "submit"

After "submit" and error message.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • user15
More
3 years 8 months ago #203730 by user15
strange, so I guess the only thing I could do is to to ask my university whether it's possible to update the lime survey version.
Anyway, thanks a lot.
  • holch
  • Away
More
3 years 8 months ago #203756 by holch

strange, so I guess the only thing I could do is to to ask my university whether it's possible to update the lime survey version.

I highly recommend that. The very first releases of a new branch generally still have one or the other problem. The LS 3.x release was "relatively" good in this regard, at least compared to LS 2.7x and LS 4.x. But still, in the first view weeks/months of a new major branch of LS there are many updates fixing bugs and security issues.

And: Just like any other software, Limesurvey should be updated on a regular basis. LS 3.0.0 was released in January 2018. That means your installation has not received any security updates or bug fixes for 2,5 years.

I don't think that this is acceptable for a software that is potentially used to collect sensitive data from respondents.

However, when you talk to them, make it clear that they should NOT update to LS 4.x just yet, because then they just move from a very early version of LS 3.x to an early version of LS 4.x that still has quite a few bugs that need to be fixed.

Stay with LS 3.x for now, but update to the latest version.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose