Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User should be able to choose more than one theme by default

• sunflower
  • sunflower's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #201149 by sunflower
When a user freshly logs into limesurvey and starts a survey, (s)he can only choose one theme (the default theme) in the general settings. The administrator has to click on the user an give him/her access rights to the other themes, when the next user logs in the same procedure a.s.o.
In the docu I can't find anything good, the user can only choose flavors within one and the same theme.
What we want is that a user can choose from all available themes at the moment of the first login.
At the moment the workaround is to insert the access rights into the corresponding table of the database for users 1 - 65000 for all available themes, but intelligent is something different.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #201151 by Joffm
As you didn't mention the version you are using I show the procedure in 3.x.

When the admin creates a new user there is the button to set template permissions.

And here the admin selects which templates the user is allowed to use (you see the checkbox "All themes"?)

And in global permission the admin sets what the user is allowed to do with these templates.

Now, if the user logs in for the first time he has all these templates available.

And in 4.x. it is the same.

So I do not understand your problem.

So obviously the admin did not give the correct rights when creating a new user.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • sunflower
  • sunflower's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #201200 by sunflower
Sorry, I did not mention the version, it is 3.22.19+200605.
We don't create any user. They come from LDAP and are created automatically as soon as the log in.
Of course, I could click every single user as soon as (s)he logs in and grant the access rights for all templates, but we can't practice that administrative effort. Therefore the workaround with the database.
What we actually want is: User logs in from LDAP, is created and has access right to all (or at least certain) template. The most intuitive solution would IMHO be to create a "make publicly visible" button within the template view in the administrator's menu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose