Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey toolbox in new version ugly and buttons missing

• sunflower
  • sunflower's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #200973 by sunflower
On a freshly installed limesurvey the toolbar for text blocks in surveys is not as nice looking as in the old version (2.56.1)and there are some buttons missing (e.g. special characters, horizontal line...). There is no difference which template is used.
I mean to have found out that the toolbar buttoms come from a framework named "ckeditor". I uploaded the old ckeditor folder from version 2.56.1 (with the nice looking and complete tools) to the third_party folder, no effect. I replaced the ckeditor in the assets/packages/ folder with the old ckeditor - no effect. What can I do about that?
Version is 4.2.8+200608 on a Debian 10 with postgresql-12 DB.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 9 months ago #200994 by holch
First of all, in my opinion LS 4.x should not yet be used for productive work. I would currently work with LS 3.x LTS.

Regarding your problem: I don't think that you can easily change this new interface without major "hacking" of the LS core. But maybe someone else has more insights on this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
3 years 9 months ago #201041 by tpartner
The dev team is in the process of re-doing the editor in 4.x.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • sunflower
More
3 years 9 months ago #201078 by sunflower
One question about that: From where can I see that the 3.x version is the stable one?
I downloaded limesurvey via the page www.limesurvey.org/stable-release and got as stable release "limesurvey4.2.8+200608" (status 11.6.20)
It is even linked in the docu: manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_-_LimeSurvey_CE
  • sunflower
More
3 years 9 months ago #201079 by sunflower
@tpartner: thanks for the hint. Have you got a rough idea when the version with the enhanced editor is about being published?
  • tpartner
More
3 years 9 months ago #201091 by tpartner
Sorry, I don't know that. I also recommend 3.x LTS for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
3 years 9 months ago #201094 by holch

One question about that: From where can I see that the 3.x version is the stable one?

From what tpartner and i tell you... ;)

You didn't do anything wrong, 4.x was labelled stable for a while. Unfortunately stable seems to be quite stretchable, to say it that way.

Currently I personally do not consider 4.x as stable, and I think a lot of the other volunteers here in the forum would agree.

Software will always have some bugs, but i think there are still too many bugs in 4.x for the moment.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• sunflower
More
3 years 9 months ago #201147 by sunflower
Thanks, that helped a lot. With downgrading to version 3 toolboxes look OK.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose