Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Randomize questions

• mmohsen
  • mmohsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #199188 by mmohsen
Randomize questions was created by mmohsen
Hey there.

I'm still new to LimeSurvey
I was wondering, is there a way to randomize questions display, while maintaining their group structure internally?

I.e. Display a few questions from G1, then a few from G3, then the rest of G1, then G2, etc
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #199190 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Randomize questions
OK, let me see if I understand this correctly.

You have 3 question groups, G1, G2, G3. However, you want to have the questions 'break out' of these questions groups randomly.

I am not sure if you can do exactly what you want to do without not breaking up the groups into e.g. G1a G1b, etc.

But you can use the feature "randomization group" for each question, which is quite flexible.

The questions that are part of a "randomization group" (= have the same code in randomization group) will be randomized among each other, no matter where they are positioned within "question groups".

So if you give the first 2 questions of G1 the "randomization group name/code" RAND1 and also the first two questions of G2, then these 4 questions can appear at any position of any of those questions within the randomization group.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose