Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Connecting two questions

• eceakca
  • eceakca's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #198235 by eceakca
Connecting two questions was created by eceakca
Hello,
I am creating a survey. In the survey I present a text and then I need to 2 questions related to the text (one is array and other is multiple choice). Since I cannot use the different type in a question I seperated them. I have 2 texts and questions. So my design is Text 1 - Question1 -Q2 + Text2 -Q1-Q2. Now I made random showing for my texts. But the questions does not appear with the text. So if possible I would like to connect text page and question pages. So if their place is changing the questions will go with it. Is it possible?

Or there is another way as well, if I can see the presentation order in the output file I can connect them as well. Bu in the output file there is no presentation order. Is it possible to see it?
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #198248 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Connecting two questions
Hi,
You have two questions of type "textdisplay", displayed randomly and afterwards two questions that are to display this text?

And you want to show both texts AND the two questions in random order? Or only one randomly selected?

First and straighforward solution for displaying both texts:
Create two groups, give them the same group randomization name, and enter your text and questions into each one.
If you do it this way you additionally create a questionof type equation in each group that stores the order of presentation.

You should have mentioned the version you are using,
and a lss export with your try.
That makes it easier to understand and to advise

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Joffm.
  • eceakca
  • eceakca's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #198376 by eceakca
Replied by eceakca on topic Connecting two questions
Thank you :) It worked. I didn't think to divide questions into groups :) I didn't know the group randomization is also exists :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose