Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Why do my survey responsesfrom couple days or a week ago not shoe in responses?

• animadinesh
  • animadinesh's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #181728 by animadinesh
I created a survey last week. We have been testing it. Last Friday I saw 6 survey responses. When I was testing it on Monday I couldn't see them under Responses, but I was seeing only the new ones created on Monday.

Yesterday, I didnt see the ones from monday either , I see only 2 new ones that were created on Tuesday now. I select all options to display but none of them work and they dont show when I select ALL, incomplete, complete any option

Whats happening with the survey responses? Are they getting archived? I see many tables created in the db as old_survey_* where the * is a timestamp, so looks like it is moving them to old_survey*

Is there a setting somewhere that does that? Is there documentation about how the responses are stored and if I can change it to display all responses?

Please advise
Thanks
Anima
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 1 month ago #181730 by jelo
If you deactivate a survey, the responses are moved to an old database table. If you activate the survey, a new database table is created.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • animadinesh
More
5 years 1 month ago #181731 by animadinesh
aah ok! That makes sense now! Lol. Coz I did deactivate the survey several times to make changes and then reactivated it.. doh! thanks much, that helps.. :-)
  • animadinesh
More
5 years 1 month ago #181732 by animadinesh
why does it have to create a new table for every response though?? It should just add them all to one old_survey_responses table
More
5 years 1 month ago #181733 by jelo
There isn't a table for every response. The the is new table for every activation of a survey. A merge of the older tables is not possible, since the structure might have changed when changing the survey design.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: animadinesh
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #181740 by DenisChenu
If there are not a lot of update in survey, you can try a "Reload response from a deactivated table"

manual.limesurvey.org/Import_responses#I...tivated_survey_table

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose