Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Empty or blank responses - any guess whats happening?

• helenamvalente
  • helenamvalente's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 days ago #181697 by helenamvalente
Hi all

I am managing a survey through LimeSurvey, and the number of incomplete responses was very high (100). None of these had any data partially entered except "language" and a "seed" number, nothing else. The survey is not listed publicly and is only accessible via the two links (one for portuguese and another one in english) to the respondents email, the survey was built copying a previous limesurvey survey already expired.
Also three different respondents have wrote me with the following information: " I completed the questionnaire in English, entered my email and clicked the send/confirmation button. Then the Portuguese version popped up, I think saying that some parts were missing!."
In one of the cases the answers were saved in the other two no. I am afraid these 100 partial surveys are from people who answered by the responses where not saved.

Thank you for your help,
Helena
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 days ago #181706 by jelo
What exact version of LimeSurvey is used? Where is LimeSurvey hosted? Do you use a hosting package LimeSurvey Pro from LimeSurvey.org?

If a searchengine bot or former users visit the link, the number of incomplete responses could be quite normal. A server is scanned by many spiders and bots every day.

Is the survey a allinone survey? All questions on one page? Or do you use groups, so that respondents have to answer questions on a few pages?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • helenamvalente
  • helenamvalente's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 13 hours ago #181895 by helenamvalente
Replied by helenamvalente on topic Empty or blank responses - any guess whats happening?
Hi,

I am using the 3.13.1+180629 version and it is hosted in the server of the webdesigner of our NGO. It is an all in one survey.

Thanks

Helena
More
5 years 3 hours ago #181914 by jelo
The language switch for the error message looks like a bug.
But LimeSurvey received many fixed in the last months (your version is from June 2018).

The incomplete responses can be quite normal for an Allinone survey. People look and leave. Bots visit page and leave.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose