Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

saving survey

• shiva522
  • shiva522's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #170053 by shiva522
saving survey was created by shiva522
Hello.

There was such a problem. on version 3.xx the polling is not working. there is an error. Questions in the survey are many. The person answered most of the questions, but an error occurred while trying to save. The next day, a man tried to download a saved poll, but he did not succeed.

1. I would like to know, where and in what form polls are saved when using the function of maintaining the polling state for a particular person?

2. I know that the answers to the poll are still stored in the table lime_survey_xxxxxx. Is it possible to pull out answers from it and create a saved survey so that a person can download it?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by shiva522.
The topic has been locked.
  • shiva522
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #170063 by shiva522
Replied by shiva522 on topic saving survey
Updated limesurvey for 3.12.1 and saving replies works.

However, there was a situation when you return you saved the answers on one computer, you open on the second one and everything is in order. You open on the third and there are no answers.

As a result, on all three computers, the data is not displayed as if nothing had been done before. At the same time, I see in administration in the answers that the answers are the ones I previously gave in the survey.

how to make it so that using the username and password return to the latest polling state?

why does this situation occur with the reset of answers?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by shiva522.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #170071 by holch
Replied by holch on topic saving survey
Sorry, but your description is quite confusing.

So I assume your survey uses tokens? Did you set "token based response persistence" to ON?

Where comes the username and the password in? How is this setup? Normally LS does not have username and password for survey takers, only if they click "finish later". Is that what you are referring to?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• shiva522
More
5 years 9 months ago #170106 by shiva522
Hello!

Yes. I use tokens.

token based response persistence" set "off"

I can be mistaken, but it seems to me that this option should not affect the fact that sometimes when you restore the saved polling state you get its start state and not the one on which it stopped last time. it is unclear why such a situation arises..however, I'll try this option to set "on" and look at the result. thanks for the idea.

Yes. It's about finishing later. In this case, you need a name and a password that would later return to the unfinished survey.
  • holch
More
5 years 9 months ago #170159 by holch
Replied by holch on topic saving survey
I don't generally use this "finish later" option, so I am not sure how it works. I would assume that it should always start at the point where they finished. However, I can not confirm if this is the way it is.

Token based response persistence for example guarantees that someone closing the survey and getting back to it (with the same token), will continue on the last page they were on. So maybe putting this "ON" might help.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• shiva522
More
5 years 9 months ago #170210 by shiva522
In general, this function works, but in some cases "finish later" does not work out correctly displaying the beginning of the poll in the place where it was interrupted and saved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 9 months ago #170384 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic saving survey

shiva522 wrote: In general, this function works, but in some cases "finish later" does not work out correctly displaying the beginning of the poll in the place where it was interrupted and saved.

It can be interseting to have a step by step description to reproduce the issue. Then you can report the bug.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose