Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to personnalize sliders design ?

More
8 years 10 months ago #161112 by Sterlingman
I have created a survey with sliders using "Multiple numerical input" type and I set the slider layout to "On". Now I would like to be able to change the design of the sliders.
I have set the "Handle shape" to "Custom" but I do not understand what I have to do after to choose a new image to be displayed.
I thought it was in the template.css that I had to set a new image but it does not seem.
How can I customize the design of the slider handle and the background image ?
Please see the attached screenshots to help you understanding my question.
Thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #161135 by tpartner
The handles are pseudo-elements that use the Font Awesome icons. You can see the unicode values here - fontawesome.io/cheatsheet/ .

Do not include the first 3 characters or the final semicolon.






Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #161145 by Sterlingman
Thanks for your answer.
Is there a way to use my own image instead of the font awesome icons ?
And is it possible to change the background image (the horizontal bar) of the slider ?
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #161148 by tpartner
Yes, you can insert a background image for the handle pseudo-element. Upload your image and add something like below to the end of template.css.

Regarding the slider track - its background is a colour gradient instead of an image. For responsiveness, I would leave it that way but you can change the colours as below.

Code:
/* Some more height for the slider container */ .slider-container { margin-top: 4.5em; } /* Background image for the slider handle */ .slider .slider-handle.custom::before { display: inline-block; width: 36px; height: 36px; margin-top: -12px; margin-left: -8px; background: transparent url(../images/orange.png) center center no-repeat; background-size: cover; content: ''; } /* Move the tooltip up a bit */ .slider .tooltip.top { margin-top: -44px; } /* Colour gradient for the right part of the slider */ .slider-track { background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #00E64D 0%, #00802B 100%); background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, #00E64D 0%, #00802B 100%); background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #00E64D 0%, #00802B 100%); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#00E64D', endColorstr='#00802B', GradientType=0); } /* Colour gradient for the left part of the slider */ .slider-selection { background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #FFC0CB 0%, #FF0000 100%); background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, #FFC0CB 0%, #FF0000 100%); background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #FFC0CB 0%, #FF0000 100%); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#FFC0CB', endColorstr='#FF0000', GradientType=0); }


Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 10 months ago #161153 by Sterlingman
Thanks, it works fine.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: tpartner, holch

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose