Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

create more complex conditions

• michaelziv
  • michaelziv's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #141137 by michaelziv
create more complex conditions was created by michaelziv
I have a scenario in which I need to use more complex conditions for a question to appear.
The first question is multliple choice with checkboxes and the second question is of type short free text. If a certain answer is chosen for the first question, a new short free textfield appears (third question). Additionally I want to connect the first condition to several possibilities of the second (free text) question, so the new question only appears when certain strings are entered into the free text field.
So basically what I want to do is:
if (first question [multiple choice] == n-th answer AND (second quesion [free text] == string1 OR second question == string2 OR second question == string3 OR .....))
then show third question

Choosing multiple choice for the second question isnt an option. Another solution would be to add a list of strings to the second condition, is this somehow possible? I read something about an expression manager in the limesurvey documentation, but can't find it anywhere?!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141138 by fvanderstarre
Replied by fvanderstarre on topic create more complex conditions
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by fvanderstarre. Reason: corrected
  • michaelziv
More
7 years 6 months ago #141142 by michaelziv
Replied by michaelziv on topic create more complex conditions
Yeah thats the documentation I was talking about, but in limesurvey itself I can't locate the editor. Till now I'm just doing
(question1 AND textfield string1) OR (question1 AND textfield string2) OR ...
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141143 by fvanderstarre
Replied by fvanderstarre on topic create more complex conditions
You can use expressions in a lot of places in LimeSurvey, except where you enter conditions... so please take a look at the documentation first, and see if you can use relevance equations/group relevance/tailoring etc.. You will have to replace your condition(s) with relevance equations on questions and/or question groups. Assuming you are at least on version 2.00 that is...
Also you will find a reference to some sample surveys using Expression Manager in the E.M. manual - they can be really helpful!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by fvanderstarre. Reason: additional info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V
  • michaelziv
More
7 years 6 months ago #141144 by michaelziv
Replied by michaelziv on topic create more complex conditions
Finally found it in the documentation after you told me to look for relevance equations, that's exactly what I wanted to do, just manipulate those. Little bit complicated way to edit the equations! After the documentation said you can't do more complex conditions I thought it's not possible, but here we are. Thanks for your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose