Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Users can't access survey

More
8 years 9 months ago #122960 by Dread
Users can't access survey was created by Dread
Hi,

I made my first survey with Limesurvey.

It's annonimus, created 2 users as a test, sent the invitation (left the password in blank and then used the generate password option).
The users receive the invitation, but when they try to acces it shows that the web isn't available and ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

The survey is active.
The url in the properties shows as follow: http://localhost:8080/limesurvey/index.php/687488/lang-es
In the invitation url, it includes the generated password.

It's like if the url in the invitation was wrong or, wich is way more likely, i messed up somewhere.

Cheers in advance.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 9 months ago #122961 by Dread
Replied by Dread on topic Users can't access survey
Well talked with an it friend here, and told me that since its localhost, other's cant access it. Is there any way to make it available for the users i invite?
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 9 months ago #122966 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Users can't access survey
If the computer you are running is not accessible from the internet (and it really shouldn't), then you can't let people from outside your local network access the survey.

You would need to install Limesurvey on a webserver (PHP/MySQL). Depending on the size of your survey and the number of respondents this might work on a normal shared hosting account.

Or you could export your survey and import it at limeservice.com. Some responses are free and the prices for additional responses is fairly low in my opinion.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose