I found this site with information on regular expression to count words in a long free text (
www.limesurvey.org/manual/Using_regular_expressions#Word_count
). I've used /^[-\w]+(?:\W+[-\w]+){149,1500}\W*$/ and entered it into the validation field (below relevance equation). However, when doing the survey, I get an error, as if the question has not been answered correctly (although there are more than 150 words in the field). A logic test does not yield any insights. Can you please help me out here?
My version is Version 2.05+ Build 150310.
Best,
Andreas
BTW: the question is a obligatory question.
I've also tried without the forward slash at the beginning and end and used different numbers. It still does not work.
thank you for your help. It still does not work. Once I enter more than 150 words, the text field changes from red to white, but if I click on continue I get the error message that the question has not been answered correctly like it would be if I did not fill in the question (in German it reads:Eine oder mehrere Fragen sind nicht korrekt beantwortet worden. Sie können nicht fortfahren, bevor die Antworten nicht korrekt beantwortet sind.). Do you know why limesurvey does not accept the text?
Can you upload a little lss file with just this question (and less than 150 word needed ).
What is you LS version and build number ?
Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. -
Professional support
-
Plugins, theme and development
. I don't answer to private message.