Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Template Import Bug

• mixiemics
  • mixiemics's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151560 by mixiemics
Template Import Bug was created by mixiemics
I am encountering an error/bug when trying to import a template. Tried to select the template zip to import then after clicking the import button nothing happens. It's just returning to the import page while the zip I selected is removed. Tried it many times, different browsers, but still persists. Always returning/redirecting to the import page/screen where you select the zip file but nothing happens, no errors shown.
This bug was already reported in bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8313 and the status was set to resolved. The fix for this was also included in the latest stable release Version 2.64.3+170327 (as show in the change logs in the attached screenshot). Tried to install/update to the latest version/release but still encountering this. Hope someone could help. Thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #151712 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Template Import Bug

mixiemics wrote: This bug was already reported in bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8313 and the status was set to resolved.

The bug ticket is from 2013. That is not related to the changelog in the newer versions.

I would recommend to open a new bug ticket.
But first try the following.
1. Copy a template in the template editor.
2. Export this template.
3. Delete the copy of the template.
4. Import the template file you exported

Same issue? Or is that working.
It might be a bug in LimeSurvey or a buggy template file you want to import.
Or a server issue with extracting uploaded files.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: mixiemics
  • mixiemics
  • mixiemics's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #151894 by mixiemics
Replied by mixiemics on topic Template Import Bug
Thanks for the reply. I tried to update to the latest version before then tried to import the templates but I have no luck in importing it. I tried to export an existing template (using the latest version now), then tried to import it and it was successfully imported. Then I tried importing the templates I need and trying to import before and luckily I was already able to import it successfully. How is that so? I didn't configured/edit or setup anything.
Anyway, thank you for the reply, glad I was already able to import successfully. Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose